Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

SoCal. AMG Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW '94 IP Race Car, '17 M3, Benz '67 250SE
Eh, I think the Rosebowl is just a tad too far for the people comig from San Diego. If anyone has a meet down south, I'm there for sure.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb SoCal. AMG Owners

Ms BimmerChick:

This IS the SoCal AMG owners thread!... it si bound to get huge...

Mr Benzoboi:

Things are picking up finally!... besides the Jay Leno drive which is the first GTG, we just need to get the date for the real AMG meet... and though I agree with you, a change is scenery is what seems to be what owners want, the Rosebowl is centric for mostly everyone... even for Mr JamesE55!!... just remember that your faith is running thin as Mr JamesE55 has managed to miss BOTH of the last 2 meetings at the Rosebowl. Go WALD(0) kit on him man!

Wiedermann
Old 12-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Ms BimmerChick:

Mr Benzoboi:

Things are picking up finally!... besides the Jay Leno drive which is the first GTG, we just need to get the date for the real AMG meet... and though I agree with you, a change is scenery is what seems to be what owners want, the Rosebowl is centric for mostly everyone... even for Mr JamesE55!!... just remember that your faith is running thin as Mr JamesE55 has managed to miss BOTH of the last 2 meetings at the Rosebowl. Go WALD(0) kit on him man!

Wiedermann
Sorry for being :p
Old 12-15-2004, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
baaahhhh

Originally Posted by BimmerChick
Eh, I think the Rosebowl is just a tad too far for the people comig from San Diego. If anyone has a meet down south, I'm there for sure.

San Diego to -----> Rose Bowl....

no sweat, I'm there !

Old 12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Ms BimmerChick:

Mr Benzoboi:

Wiedermann
It's alright, James is my boy and I trust he will be there if he says that he will be there. On a different note do you remember where the other location was? There was a suggestion a lil south of L.A. with a nice view. I say we try that out. It wouldn't be fair for the sd people to come up so far not only once but twice. Maybe we can even it out by heading a lil further south then the Rose Bowl. That is just me. I guess it all depends on where the "participants" want to go.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Saprissa
San Diego to -----> Rose Bowl....

no sweat, I'm there !

A hard-charger I see
Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
It's alright, James is my boy and I trust he will be there if he says that he will be there. On a different note do you remember where the other location was? There was a suggestion a lil south of L.A. with a nice view. I say we try that out. It wouldn't be fair for the sd people to come up so far not only once but twice. Maybe we can even it out by heading a lil further south then the Rose Bowl. That is just me. I guess it all depends on where the "participants" want to go.
Thanks mang! If the location is further then keep me posted. Prolly just do a caravan or something. Same place.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Same place and get all the sales guys at Calstar all worried. Get them comin over and starrin like wth are you guys doing here. Hahahaha too funny
Old 12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Out Of Control!

Same place and get all the sales guys at Calstar all worried. Get them comin over and starrin like wth are you guys doing here. Hahahaha too funny
Yeah i remember that one sales guy who was looking at your car and thinking why did this guy rebadged his E320 into an E55? Maybe they were thinking we're going to have some sort of a car show or something? :p
Old 12-15-2004, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
A hard-charger I see
You know me...

I got to hear your awesome exhaust at MB BBQ in Irvine,
and again at the October meet at the Rose Bowl...

I'm all about MB meets... L.A., O.C., San Dog....
City of Industry, Rose Bowl, Tustin MarketPlace, Meguiars....

I'll be at the Jan 15th Euro GTG at Anaheim Hooters.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 12-16-2004, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by JamE55
SoCal. AMG Owners
Ms BimmerChick:

Mr Benzoboi:

Wiedermann
Sorry for being :p
Mr. JamE55:

It's ok, we shall unleash the forces of the empire on ya!... ATTACK!

...do you remember where the other location was? There was a suggestion a lil south of L.A. with a nice view...
Mr. BenzoBoi:

The suggested meet was in Laguna Beach.

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 12-16-2004, 08:47 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I'll suggest Newport Beach this time...or Anaheim
Old 12-16-2004, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
What about Zuma?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

W221
The choices so far. (Please feel free to add your suggestions)

1. Laguna Beach
2. Newport Beach
3. Anaheim
4. Zuma
Old 12-17-2004, 03:43 AM

2007 E550, 2011 BMW 335i
ether newport or laguna works for me, but let's do it soon, i wanna meet you guys
Old 12-17-2004, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Oh! Newport Beach, Fashion Island. Should do it. Or, actually theres a nice Restuarant on Beach Blvd. we can go to, Macaroni Grill, locals should know what Im talking about. I don't know, just a suggestion. Let me know dates, and all.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Some AMG owners in my area (Ventura and San Fernando counties) have already told me they WILL NOT go to a meet in OC... seems the "distance" is "too much" for their AMG engines to undertake ... --oh no!!, now they will all come after me!...lol--. I could only speculate of their reasons, however the outcome is still they won't go.

From my stand point of view, there is no problem on a meet anywhere, San Francisco, Riverside, Palm Spinrgs, to name a few "possible" locations and for that matter anywhere in California, so as long as I have the free time I am willing to go.. Last meet we had at the Rosebowl, due to the heavy discussions; even in despite of the poll taken where the Rosebowl was the location of choice, given the comments in the thread 99% of the AMG owners from my area ended up a no show (being myself the 1% that did attend )

The idea is to have a huge AMG presence. The Rosebowl meet we had in May 2004 had a good turn out of AMGs, infact, most of the vehicles were AMGs from all types of chasis...

AMG presence is all we are looking for... the more variaty, the more knowledge, the better the experience is...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 12-18-2004, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some AMG owners in my area (Ventura and San Fernando counties) have already told me they WILL NOT go to a meet in OC... seems the "distance" is "too much" for their AMG engines to undertake ... --oh no!!, now they will all come after me!...lol--. I could only speculate of their reasons, however the outcome is still they won't go.

From my stand point of view, there is no problem on a meet anywhere, San Francisco, Riverside, Palm Spinrgs, to name a few "possible" locations and for that matter anywhere in California, so as long as I have the free time I am willing to go.. Last meet we had at the Rosebowl, due to the heavy discussions; even in despite of the poll taken where the Rosebowl was the location of choice, given the comments in the thread 99% of the AMG owners from my area ended up a no show (being myself the 1% that did attend )

The idea is to have a huge AMG presence. The Rosebowl meet we had in May 2004 had a good turn out of AMGs, infact, most of the vehicles were AMGs from all types of chasis...

AMG presence is all we are looking for... the more variaty, the more knowledge, the better the experience is...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Hmmm...

I don't know, I don't mind having it pretty much anywhere either. But, if the other AMG owners wan't to have it more close to their locations, so be it. Im willing to do it. Although I still think a drive down the PCH as a heard of AMGs would be quite a site. You should talk to them, and ask where they prefer and get back to us.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by Lexani
Hmmm...

I don't know, I don't mind having it pretty much anywhere either. But, if the other AMG owners wan't to have it more close to their locations, so be it. Im willing to do it. Although I still think a drive down the PCH as a heard of AMGs would be quite a site. You should talk to them, and ask where they prefer and get back to us.
Mr. Lexani:

We have Mr. BenzoBoi in charge of all the coordinating.

From the experience in the last few meets and the feedback recieved by AMG owners in my area is that I based my comment. Again, the meet we had back in May this year, we had a great turn out... infact.. a whole group of us (AMG owners) spent a GREAT deal of time looking at Mr. BenzoBoi's E5Slow as he had the Wald kitt in it, plus some muffler lil' thing that just kept us all wondering how he did it (one side of his muffler tips was slighty pushed in but without any visible damage to the car itself... well.. that all was finally revieled by Mr. BenzoBoi in the last meet!... ). ALL enthusiast are welcome always. We also want to have back the AMG presence that in the last past few meets have decreased. The Rosewowl IS a location that had a good turn out back in May.

Cheers

WIedermann
Old 12-19-2004, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mr. Lexani:

We have Mr. BenzoBoi in charge of all the coordinating.

From the experience in the last few meets and the feedback recieved by AMG owners in my area is that I based my comment. Again, the meet we had back in May this year, we had a great turn out... infact.. a whole group of us (AMG owners) spent a GREAT deal of time looking at Mr. BenzoBoi's E5Slow as he had the Wald kitt in it, plus some muffler lil' thing that just kept us all wondering how he did it (one side of his muffler tips was slighty pushed in but without any visible damage to the car itself... well.. that all was finally revieled by Mr. BenzoBoi in the last meet!... ). ALL enthusiast are welcome always. We also want to have back the AMG presence that in the last past few meets have decreased. The Rosewowl IS a location that had a good turn out back in May.

Cheers

WIedermann
Im sorry, I meant not to take his job, I was suggesting something. My apologies.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by Lexani
Im sorry, I meant not to take his job, I was suggesting something. My apologies.
Mr. Lexani:

Not a problem!... no need to apologize whatsoever... we just want to have as much turn out as possible. I know there are many of us that aprecaite the work/tunning done on the toys

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 12-19-2004, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Seriously Zuma beach would be the nicest place the meet. The drive into Zuma through the mountains is just stunning.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Definitely a nice drive.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:10 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Not sure why this is so hard, for everyone. We should just have the meet. It shouldn't have to be this difficult. I'm willing to drive because I love the Mercedes and I look forward to meeting all of you. There is no real way to make everyone happy on the location. I'm just happy we are having a meet.
Mario
Old 12-20-2004, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by E55Cent
Not sure why this is so hard, for everyone. We should just have the meet. It shouldn't have to be this difficult. I'm willing to drive because I love the Mercedes and I look forward to meeting all of you. There is no real way to make everyone happy on the location. I'm just happy we are having a meet.
Mario
Mr BenzoBoi:

As you can see, there is people already calling for the meet!... how are we doing with the dates and location???

Cheers!

Wiedermann

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal. AMG Owners