Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Hot Import Nights Los Angeles 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:36 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
I'll try to get those pictures posted tonight. They arent great or anything, went last minute and didnt have time to get another camera. Plus, it always sucks taking pictures at HIN...lack of lighting and what not.

anyhow, where were you lisa?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:37 PM

C230K
Originally Posted by z1co
Pics please..........
Here are pics off of my camera! I apologize if it isn't so clear!
It would've been nice to have met some of you there! Oh well, next time!

Double Click on the link or copy and paste to browser:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...&x=1&sm=1&sl=0
Old 03-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Banned

your sister.
Originally Posted by verone
Great job to everyone that was there........it was a good turnout, but not like the older shows. I was backstage and at the XM lounge for the majority of the show and the talent was ok. After Rich Goodwin sold off Vision to the new owners....its not the same. Dont get me wrong, I loved the benzes and all the cars that truly demanded respect........but come on, there were some cars that if you waved at them......their paint would wave back at you. The quality has gone down in the cars......thats just my 2 cents..........damn, two hours in line.....I had some spare VIP and staff bracelets which you could have bypassed the line.
You have to tell us this before.... because some clown couldn't get me in for free

shelling out 25$....
Old 03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Banned

your sister.
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
AHHHH! I can't wait

DC told me alot of people posed next to it for pics, which is cool - wish I could have been one of them :sigh:
hey, do you take ur car to los flores? like audio toyz or whatever? i was there today getting my car done and im like you know.... that looks 100 percently like lisa's car.... you know it probably is it.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
AHHHH! I can't wait

DC told me alot of people posed next to it for pics, which is cool - wish I could have been one of them :sigh:
Lisa, Do you know if DC has any extra copies of Auto Fashion Executive (AFexe) magazine for the 2005 Feb Issue? My car was in there, and I think yours was in there as well. I went to the newstand too late and it was gone to the march issue already
Old 03-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Lisa yer car was in the aisle next to me. Better yet it was diagnonal from my car. Let me tell you that ALOT of people loved your car...Mike it was really good seeyin ya at the show...Look foward to seeyin ya again...

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 03-07-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Lisa yer car was in the aisle next to me. Better yet it was diagnonal from my car. Let me tell you that ALOT of people loved your car...Mike it was really good seeyin ya at the show...Look foward to seeyin ya again...
Yeah man it was good seeing you too. Hopefully you'll get to see my car someday lol.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
Here are my bad pics, sorry about the quality... I goofed up on the exposure.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...20050307161742

I can't post thumbnails for some reason so here is a link to them.

Last edited by eLemnt | 0ne; 03-07-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by perzbenz
hey, do you take ur car to los flores? like audio toyz or whatever? i was there today getting my car done and im like you know.... that looks 100 percently like lisa's car.... you know it probably is it.
Was it in the morning? The Amistad guys were delivering my car back to me today, but they had it all wknd up until after lunch today.

It came back with Amistad everything! License plate, center wheel caps, sticker in the middle of the windshield, and I get a new $1200 wheel! They messed it up trying to put on the center cap, so they are giving me a new one! And since they welded the 2 pcs together - grrrrrr - this was one of two wheels that had white discoloring all over the outside part from cleaning agents at the carwash, and NO AMT of polishing would get rid of it. I hope they mess up the other one at DUB, my car should be there too
Old 03-07-2005, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Doctor
Lisa, Do you know if DC has any extra copies of Auto Fashion Executive (AFexe) magazine for the 2005 Feb Issue? My car was in there, and I think yours was in there as well. I went to the newstand too late and it was gone to the march issue already
I'll ask, I got my copy last month. And yes, my car is in there as the Best Wheels in their west coast competition thing.

What is your car so I can see if it is in there. I have to do some scanning and post the pages with my car and I will post yours too
Old 03-07-2005, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Oh gosh ... you got to watch people looking at my car all night? That is what I would have liked to do. How serrendipidous (?) that you were right there! If we had known you would have been so close to my baby, I could have just sat with you and watched everyone enjoying the car. I just pictured myself having to walk the whole time, in crowds, but I could have brought a chair and just sat ...

And, the reason I couldn't go is because I have a bad foot, my rt foot. And yes, its from driving, but from the Honda Element which has pedals 4 inches off the floor. I drove 5-6-7 hrs at a time up and then back from No Cal 3 wknds in a row with my foot perched in the air, w/o cruise control - traffic the whole way. Then, that day of the Pasadena GTG, being stuck in stop and go traffic in the MB for 2 1/2 hrs just killed it. I went to the dr finally and found out I had a stress fracture and ligament damage which I am fixing now with a boot and like no walking or driving
Old 03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned

your sister.
Was it in the morning? The Amistad guys were delivering my car back to me today, but they had it all wknd up until after lunch today.

It came back with Amistad everything! License plate, center wheel caps, sticker in the middle of the windshield, and I get a new $1200 wheel! They messed it up trying to put on the center cap, so they are giving me a new one! And since they welded the 2 pcs together - grrrrrr - this was one of two wheels that had white discoloring all over the outside part from cleaning agents at the carwash, and NO AMT of polishing would get rid of it. I hope they mess up the other one at DUB, my car should be there too
Wow... sweet stuff! Yuor car is tooooo hot.........
Old 03-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Oh gosh ... you got to watch people looking at my car all night? That is what I would have liked to do. How serrendipidous (?) that you were right there! If we had known you would have been so close to my baby, I could have just sat with you and watched everyone enjoying the car. I just pictured myself having to walk the whole time, in crowds, but I could have brought a chair and just sat ...

And, the reason I couldn't go is because I have a bad foot, my rt foot. And yes, its from driving, but from the Honda Element which has pedals 4 inches off the floor. I drove 5-6-7 hrs at a time up and then back from No Cal 3 wknds in a row with my foot perched in the air, w/o cruise control - traffic the whole way. Then, that day of the Pasadena GTG, being stuck in stop and go traffic in the MB for 2 1/2 hrs just killed it. I went to the dr finally and found out I had a stress fracture and ligament damage which I am fixing now with a boot and like no walking or driving
Hope you get better!~!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:01 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Same here Lisa, Hope that foot gets better with all that stress that its been through!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
I'll ask, I got my copy last month. And yes, my car is in there as the Best Wheels in their west coast competition thing.

What is your car so I can see if it is in there. I have to do some scanning and post the pages with my car and I will post yours too
Awesome! My car is the 1999 E320 Wald, the black one w/ the gap in the rear bumper lol. That car was totalled a month later by a big rig
Old 03-08-2005, 04:37 PM
DXC

It came back with Amistad everything! License plate, center wheel caps, sticker in the middle of the windshield, and I get a new $1200 wheel! They messed it up trying to put on the center cap, so they are giving me a new one! ... I hope they mess up the other one at DUB, my car should be there too

hahaha... Lisa, I love you, you are so so so funny, forgot to put another "Amistad" sticker on your rear window - DUB show, okay
Old 03-08-2005, 04:39 PM
DXC

Mike, dude, you stopped by w/o saying "hi" to me

I gave 6 copies to Guarang, each user should get a FREE copy ??? You didn't get one during your team meat ??? Let me check to see if there is another one left
Old 03-08-2005, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by DXC
Mike, dude, you stopped by w/o saying "hi" to me

I gave 6 copies to Guarang, each user should get a FREE copy ??? You didn't get one during your team meat ??? Let me check to see if there is another one left
hah sorry man, I didn't even know you were gonna be there!

Gaurang said he had a copy or somthing, but i missed the meeting so i didnt get any, but if you have a copy you can send me I'd greatly appreciate it
Old 03-08-2005, 09:59 PM

Question

Awesome! My car is the 1999 E320 Wald, the black one w/ the gap in the rear bumper lol. That car was totalled a month later by a big rig
Is your car actually in an ad for Wald. Does it say Kompressor and V8 on the side. Sorry, newbie MB owner and girl here, I don't know what 1999 E320 looks like
Old 03-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Is your car actually in an ad for Wald. Does it say Kompressor and V8 on the side. Sorry, newbie MB owner and girl here, I don't know what 1999 E320 looks like
He used to have the W210 ( which is the model right before the one that I have Lisa) It was a black one with a full wald kit and tons of other things...It was really nicely done...
Old 03-09-2005, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
This is the car:
Sucks that I didn't have the exhaust on that day

Here w/ exhaust:

and now :
Old 03-09-2005, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Old 03-17-2005, 02:08 AM

Doc - I couldn't find your car in the mag. Did you get a copy from DC?

Did anyone get a pic of my car - it doesn't look like it
Old 03-17-2005, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.

Are you sure you didnt see my car? I was in front of the hood wearing a black shirt and jeans, doing a funny post, pointing toward the sky lol
My friend got a me a copy and is holding it for me. I hope I'm in there, as I'm supposed to be! Care to look again for me please? thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:06 PM
DXC

Lisa, Mike's car is in the Feb issue, yours is in the March issue

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hot Import Nights Los Angeles 2005