Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

south florida gtg #13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Focus ST
south florida gtg #13

That's right, the time is coming once again for the official South Florida get together for Volkswagen and Audi enthusiasts!

Our next event has been scheduled for February 19, 2005, starting at 11:00 AM, so get ready to kick your President's Day weekend into high gear! We're holding the the event at Markham Park in western Broward County, which provides an excellent high-visibility South Florida location with easy access from I-75, I-95, Sawgrass Expressway, and the Florida Turnpike!

This event is open to all Volkswagen and Audi enthusiasts. The main-grounds parking will be reserved for owners/drivers of air-cooled or water-cooled Volkswagen or Audi models of any vintage. Parking is available along the perimeter of the event for non-VW/Audi driving guests.

The South Florida Get Together remains unique among car shows and get-togethers by remaining FREE to attend and open to all ages! While Markham Park has a $1 admission fee, parking and access to the event grounds is free. Food and drinks will be available - for $5 you can purchase a food ticket which will give you unlimited food and drink (as long as supplies last) AND entry into our raffle giveaway! Our unique (and collectible) T-shirts will be available before and during the event -- watch for a separate thread when the shirts become available, and look for our staff selling the shirts at local weekly or monthly gatherings before the GTG! Dozens of well-known sponsors will be attending the event as vendors and donating prizes for the raffle and several vendors will even offer installation on-site with their own expert staff. We will post more details about our sponsors and vendors as the event draws closer.

With over 600 cars and over 1200 people attending our last show, and even more expected this year, the South Florida Get Together has fast become one of the largest VW/Audi shows in the US! Euro Tuner magazine has covered the past two events (with a nice multi-page article on the event in the September 2003 issue). People are coming from all across the Eastern seaboard for this event! With the park located within 30 minutes of South Beach, downtown Miami, and the Fort Lauderdale beaches, out-of-towners can enjoy a full Florida vacation weekend of sun and sea, or nightlife and debauchery! Hotels are also available close to the park in the cities of Weston and Pembroke Pines.

-Justin Miller, founder of the SFL GTG

And there's more...

This time around, we're putting more work and effort into eliminating the long lines from the previous event. We've hired professional fast food engineers to show us the secret to keeping hungry people fed... FAST! We promise to keep the lines moving quickly by having more equipment and more staff on hand to serve our attendance.

Also, we'd like to make sure all of the local (and not so local) crews are given the opportunity to volunteer to keep this event driven by the dub community. If you'd like to see your crew's logo on the event tshirt and volunteer to help make it happen, make sure you get in touch with us to work out the details.

This year we'll be host to several new vendors and sponsors, and once again welcome APR and Gunther VW as title sponsors to the event.

We also look forward to more participation on behalf of the Vortex Media Group, as well as a list of returning participants coming back for our grass-roots style event.

Make sure to look for the coverage of SFL GTG #12 in October's issue of EuroTuner Magazine.

Here is a short list of confirmed Sponsors/Vendors for the event:

Gunther VW of Coconut Creek
APR
Forge Motorsports
Unforgettable Sound & Performance
Autobahn Touring
Jax Dubs
VWVortex
VWFixx.com
SFLB5.com
EuroTuner Magazine
JL Audio
Wolf Cars
Urban Importers

...and more to come!

In addition, we've already got confirmations from crews from the MidAtlantic, the North East, the MidWest, and other parts of the SouthEast who are willing to participate and make this upcoming event even better than the last!

We're also looking forward to some pre- and post- event activities hosted by the local crews in hotspots such as South Beach, Ft. Liquordale Beach, and more! Debauchery is an understatement.

So if you plan on attending, would like to make a comment, a suggestion, want to give a hand, or just want to keep this thread up near the top, hit that "reply" button!

If your crew wants to be involved in the SFL GTG, click in this link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1521276

The board of organizers will keep an eye on this and make sure all questions and concerns are answered so we're all on the same page.

Notice: Though we are all enthusiasts, we do not support, tolerate, or endorse ANY reckless driving, speeding, or lawbreaking at the event. Police have been hired for the event, and uniformed police and squad cars will be on-grounds for the day. Our event staff remains voluntary and unpaid, and the event remains non-profit. All money collected goes towards reimbursing staging expenses or organizing the next event.

=======================

i will most definatly be there. my first time there was last year and here is my favorite pic that i took from the weekend

Old 02-07-2005, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Focus ST
hope to see some actual enthusiests down there
Old 02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Focus ST
1 day bump