Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Best place to check for a warranty? Your credit union!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Thumbs up Best place to check for a warranty? Your credit union!

I've seen many discussions about warranty costs, who's good, who's bad, MB CPO is best, etc, etc.

If you're considering purchasing a service contract for your car, the first thing you should do is call around to your local credit unions to see if they offer them. If so, you'll save a ton of money on the cost of the warranty compared to everywhere else....and you'll get a policy that is uber reliable that pays their claims directly to the dealers or indys. The lower the mileage is when you purchase it, the cheaper the price and the longer the coverage you can get. Mine offers them on S-class AMG models for the same price as all other S-class models. They even cover the V12 TT motors, which are normally difficult to find coverage for.

Always opt for the exclusionary coverage...as everything is covered except for the normal wear items.

I know that not all credit unions offer these warranties, but there are usually several credit unions within 25 miles of where people live, so it's worth calling around. Many credit unions are part of the CUNA network, which offers these policies. They are administered by "The Warranty Group", who also administers the CarMax warranties that are lauded on many car forums. They are also backed by a long standing highly rated insurance company, so there is peace of mind that they won't just disappear.

I know that there are others here that sell warranties that won't like this post because it could take away some of their business, but it is something that everybody should check into if they are considering a warranty.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 C63S
I tried the one financing my new C63 and they will offer one but only basic powertrain, won't cover fully for AMGs anymore.