Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

MB Extended Limited Warranty Basics Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by tresean1
Wow that's very interesting. When I spoke to Erin, gave her the appropriate greeting of the day, and politely introduced myself and politely told her the reason for my call, the first statement to me was "I hope you are not wasting my time, because I have better things to do". Her behavior extremely unprofessional, to say the least...and nothing short of a *female dog*. Even if she was having a bad day or if it was "that time of the month", her remarks and behavior is absolutely unexcusable, especially as an Agent of Mercedes-Benz.
Yeah I was treated the same way. First she was nice and gave me a price. Then she became rude once I started to ask about the warranty and wanted to make sure that it was an official benz warranty. After I gave her my billing info she became nice again. Weird.

I just brushed it off and was like whatever. Im getting a good deal at least. She saved me $1900... I pick my battles.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
hi all,

i tried many of the prior ph# and contacts listed, but either they left or didn't phone calls.

Alas, I found Cassandra Castro at Int'l Auto in Milwaukee and she was super nice, professional, and gave me a GREAT price for the MB ELW...over 20% less than my local MB dealer, plus NO CA SALES TAX.
Good luck to all, and I highly recommend contacting her.

cassandra castro
ccastro@iamilwaukee.com
414-727-6715
PL
The following 2 users liked this post by bzliteyear:
3dken (11-24-2017), pamiboy (11-29-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 Bluetec
For CA originated warranties

So grateful for all the info here. In CA, there is no sales tax on these warranties, so buying from out of state has no tax advantages. I was told by a CA dealer that in CA, you can get a full refund with no service charges or fees if you do it before you get into the actual time that the warranty is in effect. I know this to be true because I just got a full refund on a contract I had purchased in CA in Jan of this year. CA does tend to offer more consumer protection than other states in many arenas. What I was told, is that some states allow a refund fee to be charged but no idea which states do this. Something to ask before buying from any state!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
Thanks as well for the information. Cassandra was extremely pleasant and provided very quick information and pricing. Additionally, her pricing was more than $500 BETTER than the dealer I'm currently purchasing the CPO car from. Go figure.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:03 PM

2014 GLK250 Bluetec
I ended up choosing to go with Marc Rose at WI Simonson in CA. He asked me to share his preferred method. Contact him last and give him your best quote, he'll then tell you if he can match or beat it. He won't give you a quote up front, which I respect as his preferred method of doing this thousands of times. He was informative and helpful as well as a pleasure to work with. CA contracts do give you more rights than some other states. It made sense for me being CA resident. No sales tax either.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:15 PM

2014 GL350, 2015 Tesla Model S, '74 Citroen DS23 Pallas IE
Just bought my ELW from Cassandra. Better price than I thought I could get anywhere. Whoever posted her contacts - thank you!
The following users liked this post:
3dken (11-24-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 PM

2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by Stallhorn
Just bought my ELW from Cassandra. Better price than I thought I could get anywhere. Whoever posted her contacts - thank you!
I also did contact Cassandra also,,
Sent her email and replied promptly..
She said she will get back to me on friday,,

Thanks all for sharing info

*Update1 : Got in touch with Cassandra over the phone. Quote she gave me for ELW 7yr/100,000( 2018 GLC 300 4matic) was much much lower than what I got from Benzel Busch, Englewood, NJ ($4,000 Yikes!!)
Gave her CC over the phone. Waiting for Contract via Email...
*Update2: Got Contract via Email.. $1300 saved over Benzel Busch Englewood, NJ..
Thanks again . cassandra at and MBworld members for sharing valuable info.!!

Last edited by 3dken; 11-24-2017 at 09:48 PM.
dukester34 (12-06-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 01:09 PM

2018 GLC300
Had 2011 Audi Q7 Prem Plus purchased new with Extended Warranty(Fidelity) was $3700 for 7 yr/ 100,000 with$100 Deductuble..
after 75000 miles , started to having numerous problem on Air intake, thermostat, and most annoying Excessive Oil Consumption ( adding 2-3 quart every 600- 700 miles).
Aboout 15- 18 service visit.. paid $100 dedectible each time... those add up to 1500 to 1800 alone..

No deductible on is one of the reason I went with MB ELW instead of 3rd party.

**Excessive Oil Consumption : Audi dont want correct the issue as it is out of new car warranty and pushes to Fidelity. Fidelity would not touch Excessive oil Consumption issue as it is not mechanical failure.
They fixed all the carbon build up in parts around the engine/exhaust/intake.. etc,,
Wrote numeroud email to Audi of America but got big "No"
Old 11-27-2017, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by Jay Fac
Ok so this is all very confusing.

I emailed one of the names listed on the thread and he told me that my 2014 C300 with 48k (still under factory 4x50) can not have a MB ELW put on it.

I did not buy the car from MB, I bought it from the Nissan dealer where I am a Service Advisor.

Hello,
Thank you for your message. This vehicle was sold as a used- non cpo vehicle by an authorized dealer which makes it ineligible for MB extended coverage.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have until December 17 or about 1600 miles left under factory.
I believe it works like this.
You can get ELW if you bought new, or bought from a private party with intact warranty.
You cannot get ELW if you buy it CPO or if you buy from an MB dealer but not CPO'd. Once a car has passed through an MB dealer after original purchase (either CPO or not), it becomes not eligible for ELW.
However you may still be eligible for ELW if the said vehicle was bought from a "NON - MB dealer" such as Nissan, dodge, etc with an intact warranty (provided the car has not officially passed through the MB dealer after original purchase).
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:53 PM

z06
Got a ELW question. I am looking at buying a c63s from a non-mb dealer. I emailed Jeff Jackson the vin number and he said the vin already has a ELW and PPM attached to it. Does this mean these two items will transfer to me if I buy it? I read the ELW contract and it doesn't say that it won't so long as I can prove I'm the secondary purchaser and can show the ELW paperwork to a MB dealer. Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:23 PM

z06
Originally Posted by golfinz
Got a ELW question. I am looking at buying a c63s from a non-mb dealer. I emailed Jeff Jackson the vin number and he said the vin already has a ELW and PPM attached to it. Does this mean these two items will transfer to me if I buy it? I read the ELW contract and it doesn't say that it won't so long as I can prove I'm the secondary purchaser and can show the ELW paperwork to a MB dealer. Thoughts?
Just got off the phone with Jeff. Super nice guy btw. Anyways, he answered my question so I wanted to update the thread.

The warranty would not transfer to me unless the original owner signed a written statement stating that they transfer the warranty to me.

He also answered the question about when can someone buy a ELW. A vehicle is not eligible for an ELW if Mercedes was ever a reseller of that vehicle. This is to prevent dealers from "gaming" the cpo system.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 350
Originally Posted by MERCEDES_GIRL
I purchased ELW from Cassandra as well. Got the best deal from the available dealers.

Thanks Mercedes Girl.
MERCEDES_GIRL (12-15-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 04:38 PM

2016 E350
I just got a CPO 2016 E350. It has ~2 years left on the factory warranty and then the 1 year CPO. Can I only by the CPO EW, or can I get the extended warranty that is available had I bought the car new?

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 12-13-2017, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 350
Originally Posted by makman
I just got a CPO 2016 E350. It has ~2 years left on the factory warranty and then the 1 year CPO. Can I only by the CPO EW, or can I get the extended warranty that is available had I bought the car new?

Thanks,

Mitch
Read the posts above. Once a car has been CPO’d or sold through an MB dealership as non CPO, then it is not eligible for ELW. Where did you buy the car from? Was it a Mercedes dealership? I presume so, in that case your car is not eligible for ELW. As I understand the CPO warranty is good enough though.

Last edited by pamiboy; 12-20-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:26 PM

2016 E350
Originally Posted by pamiboy

Read the posts above. Once a car has been CPO’d or sold through an MB dealership as non CPO, then it is not eligible for ELW. Where did you buy the car from? Was it a Mercedes dealership I love where did you buy the car from? Was it a Mercedes dealership? I presume so, in that case your car is not eligible for ELW. As I understand the CPO warranty is good enough though.
I did go through many posts and I thought I understood how this all works, but I was not 100% sure. I bought the car from an MB dealer.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
Originally Posted by makman
I did go through many posts and I thought I understood how this all works, but I was not 100% sure. I bought the car from an MB dealer.

Thanks
I looked at a dealer website that said you could buy an ELW that would add 1, 2 or 3 yrs to the orig 4 yr/50. The ELW would be limited to 100k miles.
The CPO adds 1 yr with unlimited miles to the orig 4 yr/50 k. You can buy 2 more CPO yrs with unlimited miles. So in effect both routes, ELW and CPO max out at 7 years, but the CPO has unlimited miles. This crude analysis does not compare the coverages, which is a whole nother kettle of fish. If anyone sees this differently, pls jump in.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 350
Originally Posted by pjw1967
I looked at a dealer website that said you could buy an ELW that would add 1, 2 or 3 yrs to the orig 4 yr/50. The ELW would be limited to 100k miles.
The CPO adds 1 yr with unlimited miles to the orig 4 yr/50 k. You can buy 2 more CPO yrs with unlimited miles. So in effect both routes, ELW and CPO max out at 7 years, but the CPO has unlimited miles. This crude analysis does not compare the coverages, which is a whole nother kettle of fish. If anyone sees this differently, pls jump in.
That is exactly why I suggested that getting CPO is not a bad deal, some ever prefer that due to the unlimited miles. I don't know the minute differences in coverage between the two though. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:04 AM

2016 E350 Wagon
Another happy customer of Cassandra Castro (ccastro@iamilwaukee.com). Had the best price of the four I contacted. Fast communication bu email and on the phone. Answered all my questions and checked into a couple of unrated questions I had as well.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
Mercedes Me evidence of coverage

To all who have purchased MB CPO or ELW coverage, did your Mercedes Me warranty page immediately reflect the purchase? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2017, 09:15 PM

2016 E350
I am looking at a 2 year CPO EW. The contracts I have seen say valid only in the US and Puerto Rico. I go to Vancouver Canada yearly for a week and with my luck something will happen there. Does anyone have experience trying to use the CPO EW if visiting Canada?

Thanks

Mitch
Old 12-29-2017, 06:38 AM

2016 E350 Wagon
Originally Posted by pjw1967
To all who have purchased MB CPO or ELW coverage, did your Mercedes Me warranty page immediately reflect the purchase? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
No it did not.
pjw1967 (12-29-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 06:14 PM

2016 E350
Got my 2 year CPO EW from Jeff Jackson at Tafel Motors (jjackson@TafelMotors.com, 502-896-4411, ext 1246). Could not reach Erin or Marc Rose by phone (multiple voicemails) or email. Cassandra replied but was $50 more expensive. I did not do any negotiating, simply asked for the price from each. Anyway, Jeff was very responsive by email and easy to work with, answering several of my questions and sending a copy of the warranty to review before buying. Gave him my cc by phone and that was it. Highly recommend him.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
none yet
extended warranty

Originally Posted by cfmistry
There have been lots of question in the W204 section regarding the MB ELW (Extended Limited Warranty) and I wanted to clarify several points.

- The MB ELW can be purchased from any MB dealership nationwide, as long as the car is still within the new car warranty (4 years from original purchase date, or less than 50,000 miles, whichever comes first).

- The authentic MB ELW has no deductible and is accepted at all MB dealerships nationwide regardless of where it is purchased.

- Only the MB ELW guarantees the use of authentic MB parts on your vehicle.

- Though the MB ELW has excellent coverage, it does not cover everything in the MB New Car warranty. Additionally, some aftermarket warranties can offer even greater coverage.

- All models of a certain range (C-class, E-class, S-class) have the same warranty pricing except AMG and diesel models. For example, the pricing is the same on a pre-owned E350 or E550, and regardless of options.

- The MB ELW is offered as an additional 1, 2 or 3 year beyond the factory warranty with coverage up to 75k or 100k miles (whichever comes first years/mileage). It is best to pick the warranty that will covers your needs; you can pick any combination of years/mileage.

- Pricing: Despite what your local dealerships may tell you, the pricing of the warranties is negotiable. There is even a 15% "service charge" that can be waived with negotiation.

- The following are a group of individuals at MB dealerships nationwide who offer very competitive pricing: (in no particular order)

1. Jason Mayes, International Autos, (414) 727-6722, jmayes@iamilwaukee.com
2. Erin Mahre, Mercedes-Benz of Santa Rosa, (707) 521-3996
3. Jeff Jackson, Tafel Motors, (502) 894-6829
4. Dan Boone, Mercedes-Benz of Austin, (512) 220-0940

I recommend you call all of them as well as your local dealership for competitive quotes. Make sure you are getting a final price OTD (including any "service changes").

- The above individuals will need your car's VIN, exact mileage, desired warranty information; they are happy to sell you the warranty over the phone.

Happy motoring!
thanks for info
Old 01-18-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by cfmistry
There have been lots of question in the W204 section regarding the MB ELW (Extended Limited Warranty) and I wanted to clarify several points.

- The MB ELW can be purchased from any MB dealership nationwide, as long as the car is still within the new car warranty (4 years from original purchase date, or less than 50,000 miles, whichever comes first).

- The authentic MB ELW has no deductible and is accepted at all MB dealerships nationwide regardless of where it is purchased.

- Only the MB ELW guarantees the use of authentic MB parts on your vehicle.

- Though the MB ELW has excellent coverage, it does not cover everything in the MB New Car warranty. Additionally, some aftermarket warranties can offer even greater coverage.

- All models of a certain range (C-class, E-class, S-class) have the same warranty pricing except AMG and diesel models. For example, the pricing is the same on a pre-owned E350 or E550, and regardless of options.

- The MB ELW is offered as an additional 1, 2 or 3 year beyond the factory warranty with coverage up to 75k or 100k miles (whichever comes first years/mileage). It is best to pick the warranty that will covers your needs; you can pick any combination of years/mileage.

- Pricing: Despite what your local dealerships may tell you, the pricing of the warranties is negotiable. There is even a 15% "service charge" that can be waived with negotiation.

- The following are a group of individuals at MB dealerships nationwide who offer very competitive pricing: (in no particular order)

1. Jason Mayes, International Autos, (414) 727-6722, jmayes@iamilwaukee.com
2. Erin Mahre, Mercedes-Benz of Santa Rosa, (707) 521-3996
3. Jeff Jackson, Tafel Motors, (502) 894-6829
4. Dan Boone, Mercedes-Benz of Austin, (512) 220-0940

I recommend you call all of them as well as your local dealership for competitive quotes. Make sure you are getting a final price OTD (including any "service changes").

- The above individuals will need your car's VIN, exact mileage, desired warranty information; they are happy to sell you the warranty over the phone.

Happy motoring!
left messages for Erin and Jeff. Jason and Dan no longer work at those dealerships. Another one I found on this thread is Jason Keebaugh at Mercedes of Anaheim. Please add him to this list. He was very nice and gave me a great price for my 2014 E350.
Sanjayna (06-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 12:40 AM

2016 E350 Wagon
Originally Posted by dukester34
thanks for info
N/A

Last edited by tonylop33; 01-19-2018 at 12:41 AM. Reason: wrong response

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MB Extended Limited Warranty Basics Thread