Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

What difference with ELV and CPO Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2015 | 01:19 AM

w212 E350
What difference with ELV and CPO Warranty

I recently purchased MB E350 2012, which is CPO vehicle + it still has 4 months of original factory warranty left (+20,000 miles).

I want to purchase ELW (Extended Limited Warranty) for additional 3 years (up to 100,000 miles). Is my understanding correct that if I purchase this ELW 3-years warranty, it will kick on after the expiration of my 1-year CPO warranty?

For example:
Original factory warranty expires Feb 2016
CPO warranty expires Feb 2017
+ 3 year ELW will expire Feb 2020.

Please confirm that my understanding is correct.
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-03-2015 | 07:51 PM

none
Thanks for bringing this up. I'm in a similar situation. I'm not sure if your calculation is correct.

I believe there are two extended warranties: ELW and CPO. You can extend your CPO an additional 2 years (4 YR OEM + 1 CPO + 2 extended CPO). Or you can extend your OEM warranty up to 3 years (4 YR OEM + 3 extended OEM). I think extending your OEM will overlap your CPO. And I believe you are able to extend the OEM since you are still in OEM coverage and you bought the car CPO from an official MB dealer.

I'm actually confused myself and would love someone else to chime in. And also please give a recommendation on extending the OEM or extending the CPO, since I think the coverage is different (ELW may have exclusionary coverage).