Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Mercedes not selling extended warranty ELW on ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 GL450
Mercedes not selling extended warranty ELW on ML350

I just bought a used ML350 which still has 10k miles to go before Mercedes factory warranty expires, after 18 months. I have been checking with Mercedes dealers to buy Extended Limited Warranty (ELW) but I am getting a run around that since I bought the vehicle from an independent (non-Mercedes) dealer, Mercedes does not permit them to sell to me their Extended warranty. He put my VIN# on some Mercedes website, only to state that my vehicle is not eligible.

Does anyone know how can I resolve this issue and still get ELW? I prefer not to go aftermarket.

Isn't this business practice discriminatory? After all I am paying for what they are offering and the terms of their offer do not require that the vehicle has to be purchased only at Mercedes dealerships. The only eligibility requirement is the vehicle should be still under factory warranty.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'10 W212 4matic P2-Distronic / '14 Cayenne / '04 X5 3.0 / '13 Altima
was your car an MBFS off lease, or was it previously CPO'd and then sold to an independent dealer? because if it was the latter the car is not eligible for an ELW and I suspect if it was a buyback it is not eligible either, would of been sold by mercedes benz north america and not MBFS

you can usually tell by the car fax report