Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Extended Warranty and Prepaid Maintenance Transfer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Extended Warranty and Prepaid Maintenance Transfer

Hope someone can help me out here and give their insights. Here is the story..
Purchased a 2015 C300 from an online direct car retailer last 2016. The dealership did not recognize the pre-paid maintenance package that the owner purchased. I never got a straight answer on why it was not recognize and had to be passed to different folks in the dealership - all of these happened after me discovering that there were a prepaid maintenance and extended warranty purchased by the original owner as found in my me portal. I checked with another dealership and they said they do recognize it but only to get a call that they do not.

I wrote to MB corporate thru the me portal about this and I never heard anything about it except that they removed the extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance note on my car's profile.

My questions are:
- are those packages purchased by the 1st owner transferrable? I can't find any fineprint that explains this.
- is it normal to not get a response from MB and just have them change what was on the car's profile (5-6 months after I have sent the car for service?)?

This is not a good experience for me and I am considering a different brand on my next car purchase. Any experience/insight will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 GL450
I am not sure about elw but prepaid maintainance plans are not transferable.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E350 Wagon
Originally Posted by lingaraju.g
I am not sure about elw but prepaid maintainance plans are not transferable.
Directly copied from the prepaid maintenance contract. Seems the problem for the OP is that they did not buy it from the original owner.

"TRANSFER:
The Mercedes-Benz Prepaid Maintenance Agreement benefits may only be transferred by the original purchaser to a Private Party Purchaser (the approved transferee) to whom you sell the vehicle. This can be done only if the Private Party Purchaser presents the Selling Dealer, or any authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership, with proof of ownership for the vehicle and a copy of the Prepaid Maintenance Agreement. THE MERCEDES-BENZ PREPAID MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER VEHICLE."