Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Here's What's Required to Xfer an Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:17 PM

Received 243 Likes on 155 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
Here's What's Required to Xfer an Extended Warranty

If a vehicle is traded or sold to a MB dealer, an existing extended factory warranty cannot be transferred to a new owner. The warranty is of no factor in determining value of the vehicle as far as the dealer is concerned.

However, if a vehicle is sold to a private party, a extended MB factory warranty can be transferred to a new owner through MBUSA by processing MB’s Warranty Transfer Form. Transfer of an extended warranty adds value to the vehicle being sold.

Here's the link to this Transfer Form that you may want to print or bookmark for future use:

https://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/c...+Agreement.pdf

I know from experience that a factory extended warranty from MB does not transfer unless this form is mailed after being completed by the seller, buyer and any MB dealer.

All this is understandable: the original factory warranty (and I believe an extra CPO warranty) is linked to the VIN so that when the vehicle shows up for service, it is covered no matter who the owner is at the time. However, the extended warranty is linked to the owner who purchased it or to whom it is transferred.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Mercedes CLS550 4Matic, 2014 ML550 Diamond White, 2015 SL550 Diamond White
Thanks Gordon. I may be using this form as I am trying to sell my 2012 S550 4matic which has a CPO warranty