Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Would a Mercedes end up being a good value for me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyundai Genesis Sedan
Would a Mercedes end up being a good value for me?

Currently driving a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Love the car but I'm getting near 90k miles and ready to trade it before too many things start breaking. When I first bought the Genesis I cross shopped it with the previous generation C300. Recently I had the pleasure of driving a new C300 as a rental and was pretty happy with it. I also like the looks of the CLA but front wheel drive is a turn off, (although the fuel economy is quite impressive!) I also like the looks of the E class. I currently commute about 140 miles round trip per day for work 4-5x per week. Factoring in road trips and errands I'm looking at putting on a solid 40k miles per year minimum. It looks like I could get a decent CPO C class or E class for somewhere in the mid to high 20's. With the addition of up to 3 years "unlimited miles" once the standard new car warranty runs out it seems like for the first time maybe ever a Mercedes could be a good value car. The only caveat I could see is the dealership giving me trouble over taking the car to an independent Mercedes mechanic for regular service. Am I out of my mind? I feel like i'm the type of person who would rack up enough miles to make the "unlimited mile" warranty really worth it. Are there any other road warriors out there doing this and what has your experience been?