Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Extended Emission Warranty Exhaust Valve M157- Dealer Not fixing my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63S AMG Sedan
Extended Emission Warranty Exhaust Valve M157- Dealer Not fixing my car

So I have a 2014 E63S AMG w/ 58k miles and still within the 10 year range, and the check engine light came on about a month ago, diaged by mercedes dealer and verified it was burned exhaust valves. I got the notification in the mail saying my vehicle is covered by this warranty extension, but the dealer says it's not showing up in their systems so they can't fix it under warranty. I've tried calling corporate but they've just kept redirecting me back to the dealer. Dealer says is an MBUSA IT issue, and I can't get anyone who knows how to solve this issue. Wondering if it takes some time for the extension to show up in the database and if anyone else has had this issue? Or if anyone has a better number or email to call for support with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-30-2023, 02:37 PM

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts
2012 Mercedes-Benz S550
That's concerning to hear. I would try to get an engine number range from corporate/dealer to see if yours falls within it. Have you tried a different dealer?

Also, what is the estimated cost of this repair out of pocket?
Old 08-27-2023, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by Tlagomars
So I have a 2014 E63S AMG w/ 58k miles and still within the 10 year range, and the check engine light came on about a month ago, diaged by mercedes dealer and verified it was burned exhaust valves. I got the notification in the mail saying my vehicle is covered by this warranty extension, but the dealer says it's not showing up in their systems so they can't fix it under warranty. I've tried calling corporate but they've just kept redirecting me back to the dealer. Dealer says is an MBUSA IT issue, and I can't get anyone who knows how to solve this issue. Wondering if it takes some time for the extension to show up in the database and if anyone else has had this issue? Or if anyone has a better number or email to call for support with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Were you able to get this fixed from the dealer at no cost?