Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Extended Modification Warranty - BlueTech II Diesel Vehicles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes R320
Extended Modification Warranty - BlueTech II Diesel Vehicles

Hello all,

I have issues with my 2009 Mercedes R320 after the lawsuit warranty repaired 2 yrs ago and 20k miles ago:
Software Update

NOx Sensor

DPF + DOC

SCR-Catalyst

Lambda Sensor

ECU

Crankcase Ventilation Valve

Charge Air Distribution Lines with Transverse Tubes

Intake Port Shutoff Actuator

Clean Air Duct with Mass Air Flow Sensors

EGR Valve with Cooler and Line

I am covered for 48,000 miles or 4 years after the repair work. Fortunately, I am within the extended warranty guidelines according to the lawsuit.

My question is a need for clarification. From my reading of the lawsuit, Mercedes-Benz is REQUIRED to replace all parts (I will paste the section in a bit here) listed. Are they required to replace ONLY the parts that are faulty, damaged, broken -or- SHALL they replace all parts listed especially if requested per the lawsuits guidelines?

Here is the section of the lawsuit to give you reference:

"The Extended Modification Warranty includes parts and labor, and shall not void or supersede any existing warranty. The Extended Modification Warranty shall cover the following parts:  Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)  Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)  Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Catalyst  Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Injector  Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Injector Controller  Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Supply Module  Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Pump  Temperature Sensor Unit (DEF Temperature Sensor)  Exhaust Temperature Sensor  Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor  Lambda Sensor (Emission Modification Categories 1-5 ONLY)  NOx Sensors  Fuel Injectors  Air Intake Throttle  Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve  Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Duct  Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler (including bypass control)  Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Temperature Sensor  Intake Manifold/Charge Air Distributor  Turbocharger (including VGT Actuator)  Engine Control Unit (ECU) Hardware (where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification)  Transmission Control Unit (TCU) Hardware (where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification)  Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) Hardware (where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification)  Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) System*  Cylinder Head Assembly Components (camshafts, valves, springs, valve spring keepers, valve seats, cam bearing caps, and manifold studs)  Engine Timing Chain  Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor  Instrument Cluster Hardware (where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification)  Coolant Thermostat (where replaced as part of the Approved Emission Modification)  and Crankcase ventilation valve (including line and heating element)"

If I can get ALL these parts replaced whether the vehicle absolutely needs them or not for my particular case, and am legally obligated to receive ALL parts replaced by my request, I would want that.

Notable links:

https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/cont...components.pdf

https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/home