Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63s
Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Putting this in the MB thread, even though my issue was Porsche related, since they sell to all brands and High Line is a vendor here.

I purchased a Porsche Panamera TurboS in November 2023, it was a one owner car bought and serviced its whole life at Porsche Livermore with only 53k miles. Gorgeous spec and options.

After checking around on various forums for warranty options I was given Trenton at Highline Auto’s info and purchased an extended warranty on the car from Freedom.

Fast forward 5 months and the car is getting a sensor service light. I take it into Porsche Reno and through a long trouble shooting process with Porsche NA they ultimately determine the sensor, solenoid, and oil pump are faulty and need. replacement. They open a claim with Freedom and the fun starts.

First freedom claims that they cannot honor the claim as the car did not have an oil change within 30 days of purchase. Buried in the fine print is language that your warranty is void if you do not do this. Slimy yes, but I also fault Trenton for not point this out, while annoying would have been fine to get done. However, the car was fully serviced when I purchased, including oil, so I sent them the purchase contract which they said would be sufficient.

Three days later claim is denied. I contact them again and they now claim it was denied because I did not submit proper service records. I explain I submitted what they asked for and was told well they needly more. So I contact Porsche Livermore who sends me all the records, the car is impeccably maintained with 10k mile services up to the day I bought it. I send those into Freedom and wait a few more days. Claim denied again.

I talk to a manager that states they cannot reopen a claim once denied and that they cannot do anything about the repair as I did not submit sufficient records. Even though the records I submitted were the ones they requested.

Freedom intentionally asked for the bare minimum in records and then denied the claim, then hiding behind their “policy that they don’t review claims again after they are denied and you cannot open a new claim for the same part. They have no appeal process or anyone you can speak too. They let me know if I was unhappy I could reach out to their legal team who can “explain” the contract.

After lots of fighting, Freedom then agreed to cover the oil pump, but refused to cover the sensor and solenoid, which they had already approved, claiming “misdiagnoses” on the part of the dealership. It makes no difference to them that the diagnosis process followed was provided to Porsche Reno by Porsche NA (which is part of the reason why the car has been there so long). Ultimately, the warranty company used every excuse they could find in the contract to deny the claim and not pay. First maintenance, then no oil change in 30 days, then not enough detail from the dealer, then misdiagnosis. The fact of the matter is that they just didn’t want to pay and took awhile to find an excuse they could make stick.

Also, they are an absolute pain to deal with, no one is able to get ahold of anyone at Freedom, except Trent. Which is odd for just being a sales person, seems to be more to that relationship than is being let on.

In the end, I would never purchase a product from Freedom. They will screw you over. I also would never purchase a product from Trent and Highline, his group is not the type of vendor we need in the aftermarket community.

There are better warranty groups out there, why risk your money with Freedom and avoid the headache.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:39 PM
SPONSOR

Received 233 Likes on 179 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Customer has received a 254.42% return on his initial investment of the warranty.

Timeline of Events.
04/01 - Repair Order #1 (Oil Pressure Sender) Submitted by Service Advisor #1 - ($926) Approved
04/11 - Repair Order #2 (Oil Pressure Regulator) Submitted by Service Advisor #1 - ($1,155) Approved
04/12 - 06/02 Service Advisor is no longer with the dealership and Service Advisor #2 has taken over
06/02 - Repair Order #3 (Oil Pump) Submitted by Service Advisor #2 - Freedom Warranty has some questions. ($10,463)

My involvement in helping this customer from when the claim was dead at $2,082, to receiving $6,884.74 in repairs.

“Section 7: Claims Procedure
3. We will not cover misdiagnosis or repairs done for process of elimination purposes to reach correct diagnosis.”

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
Old 06-28-2024, 08:30 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Customer has received a 254.42% return on his initial investment of the warranty.

“Section 7: Claims Procedure
3. We will not cover misdiagnosis or repairs done for process of elimination purposes to reach correct diagnosis.”

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
Absolutely true, no need to pay for misdiagnosis. If they screw up, they need to give you the credit and not keep replacing the parts
First the oil sensor then Oil regulator then Oil pump then this then that, i mean WTH is that?
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 08:42 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by Faast
Absolutely true, no need to pay for misdiagnosis. If they screw up, they need to give you the credit and not keep replacing the parts
First the oil sensor then Oil regulator then Oil pump then this then that, i mean WTH is that?
It ended up being three failed parts and Freedom is using that as an excuse not to pay. People should be aware that they will find any excuse not to pay, regardless of the diagnosis.

Feel free to read the full thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1415...-warranty.html
Old 06-28-2024, 10:05 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
'06 E55
I have a Fidelity warranty on my E63s wagon for 4 years and couple of times I had few issues that were resolved without any further investigations. Had I told them I had a warranty, they would have definately tapped into it. I am sure extended warranties to dealers is probably like seeing an open cheque book LOL

Last edited by Faast; 06-28-2024 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:18 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by Faast
I have a Fidelity warranty on my E63s wagon for 4 years and couple of times I had few issues that were resolved without any further investigations. Had I told them I had a warranty, they would have definately tapped into it. I am sure extended warranties to dealers is probably like seeing an open cheque book LOL
Likely true in some cases, however all I can do is trust that what Porsche NA is saying is the correct repair is that. This was just the finals excuse from Freedom, there were five others before we got here.

I had a Fidelity warranty before this, I had zero issues. Should have gone that route again, live and learn. Hope no one else makes my mistake and wastes any money on this slime bag company.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 612 Likes on 452 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by rbernard1984
​​​​
I had a Fidelity warranty before this, I had zero issues. Should have gone that route again, live and learn. Hope no one else makes my mistake and wastes any money on this slime bag company.
Sorry to hear about your experience with Freedom and thanks for posting this. Partly why I decided to go with Fidelity over Freedom is that I couldn't find any user feedback (good or bad) on Freedom on any of the car forums (Rennlist, reddit, bimmer fest/forum, and here). With Fidelity, there wasn't much feedback here but Rennlist had a decent amount of positive experiences. I also called the 4 MB dealers near me and asked if they accepted fidelity and /or freedom and all said yes to Fidelity but they weren't sure about Freedom and would have to check or never heard of them.

Last edited by wildta; Yesterday at 11:56 AM.