Notices

M111: Transmission will not shift P0702

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k Coupe
M111: Transmission will not shift P0702

Alright, I am making a separate thread for this as the other thread answered all my problems minus this one. Car battery went dead *AC Sniffer and Seat were draining* Wife jumped the car, wouldnt shift out of 1st gear. Pulled out my old obd2 scanner and found p0702. After some recommendations I purchased a new MB Oem Bushing, after lots of wrestling *car is jacked up on ground, wife had to do it because I couldnt get my fat *** under the car with 10" of room* we got the bushing changed out, we cleaned connector with contact cleaner and when we pulled the old bushing lots of atf came out. I didnt know if this was right or not so we took it off the jacks and let it drain overnight due because I was worried about getting the contacts clean. Once we got it installed we went to add some ATF back to car and it just came out everywhere above that bushing. I concluded that the dipstick tube must not be connected completely? Anyways, after bushing still getting the p0702 and I assume the transmission is actually down about 2-3 quarts of fluid. Would the low fluid cause the 702 error still, or is my tcu shot? There was some atf in the floor board, but it looked like the actual controller was dry, although there was a little atf on the harness. This is my wife's mode of transportation for school so I really gotta figure this out. Any help would be appreciated, and if you guys know any Mechanics in the Albany-Moultrie-Thomasville Area of GA I would be greatly in debt. I have not been able to find any shade tree mb mechanics so far.