Food and Dining Review and share your experience of favorite restaurants and foods.

Chinese Food

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 07:00 AM

Received 395 Likes on 265 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
Chinese Food

Well, Jan 22nd 2023 Sunday is Chinese New Year Day.

May I suggest you (whoever come upon this post) to have some Chinese food to celebrate this special day.
This should be a good reason (or excuse) to dine out. In fact, even if you do takeout, it is still OK.

Google says the most popular Chinese dish in the US is General Tso Chicken. It is not mine though.

Tomorrow morning, I will prepare Radish cake and Taro cake as breakfast for my family. Pan frying is traditionally the best way to serve them (1cm thickness is ideal). I want to have tons of them but I have to refrain to avoid indigestion.
Here is a link that shows the Turnip cake.
https://healthynibblesandbits.com/turnip-cake/
The following users liked this post:
Drone_S213 (01-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 09:38 AM

Received 186 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Tsingtao

Originally Posted by bishop64
Well, Jan 22nd 2023 Sunday is Chinese New Year Day.

May I suggest you (whoever come upon this post) to have some Chinese food to celebrate this special day.
This should be a good reason (or excuse) to dine out. In fact, even if you do takeout, it is still OK.

Google says the most popular Chinese dish in the US is General Tso Chicken. It is not mine though.

Tomorrow morning, I will prepare Radish cake and Taro cake as breakfast for my family. Pan frying is traditionally the best way to serve them (1cm thickness is ideal). I want to have tons of them but I have to refrain to avoid indigestion.
Here is a link that shows the Turnip cake.
https://healthynibblesandbits.com/turnip-cake/
Beer is a Dish better served Cold?
bishop64 (01-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 07:54 PM

Received 186 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Year of the Rabbit

@bishop64 Tough to find good Take Out in the Southwest coming from NYC and Chinatown in Manhattan. Was raised on Chinese Food from Wo Hop 17 Mott Street NYC. Even Chinese Restaurants in Los Angeles didn't measure up. San Francisco was better than LA. Recently found a new Vietnamese "hole in the wall" Restaurant in my town near the local University...owners from Orange County CA. My fave dish is their House Special Lo Mein. I think they have ethnic Chinese roots...hopefully they won't raise their prices especially since can stretch the order over 2-days. I'm due for a road trip in AMG Wagon back to the Big Apple for the best Pizza and Chinese once the US winter weather pattern clears up to avoid bad drivers along my Trek...calling in my Take Out Order now to enjoy remaining NFL Games this weekend.
The following 2 users liked this post by Drone_S213:
bishop64 (01-21-2023), chassis (07-23-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 10:04 PM

Received 395 Likes on 265 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
I have personal experience of Manhattan, Boston and SF Chinatowns. NYC is the best as it is the largest, thus the variety runs deep and wide.

And, yes, beer is better served cold (for your NFL games).
But, tea is better served hot (for my breakfast). :-D
Prepared tea to go with the Turnip cake this morning.
BTW, I prefer purple clay teapot for its ability to maintain an uniform temperature over a longer time.

chassis (07-23-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Civic
Your suggestion to celebrate with Chinese food is brilliant. It's the perfect excuse to enjoy some mouthwatering dishes. Speaking of culinary adventures, I've recently introduced organic beetroot powder into my cooking, and it's been a delightful addition. The subtle sweetness and earthy flavor it imparts to dishes are simply fantastic. Your plan to prepare Radish cake and Taro cake for breakfast is making my mouth water. Pan-frying them to that perfect 1cm thickness sounds like a culinary masterpiece in the making.

Last edited by Tankohilery; 09-11-2023 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:44 PM

S-Class W126
Chinese food is probably my favorite cuisineю Not only is it delicious, but it also offers a wide variety of healthy options, and Chinese cuisine has something for everyone. Plus, maintaining good health is essential. If you ever need health-related resources, you can check out Canadian Pharmacy. So, let's celebrate the goodness of Chinese food while also remembering to take care of our well-being.

Last edited by Klebrmo; 10-30-2023 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-13-2023, 07:55 AM

Mercedes w210
Certainly, celebrating Chinese New Year with some delicious Chinese food is a great idea! General Tso's Chicken might be popular, but there's a whole world of Chinese cuisine to explore.

Your plan to prepare Radish cake and Taro cake for breakfast sounds fantastic. Pan frying them to a perfect 1cm thickness is the way to go for that authentic taste. Just remember not to overindulge, so you can fully savor the flavors.

As for the link, I had a great time at an irish breakfast near me. It's always fun to try different cuisines and experience new flavors.

Last edited by perryjanie; 12-15-2023 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:59 AM

I10
I saw this video thanks for sharing this Turnip cake recipe video i will try this .Also you can learn mlops

Last edited by bamo01; 03-29-2024 at 05:03 AM. Reason: meaning mistake
Old 04-15-2024, 01:04 PM

gla 2019
I totally agree, General Tso's Chicken might be popular, but it's not always my go-to either. Your plan to whip up some Radish and Taro cakes sounds absolutely mouthwatering! Breakfast goals for sure! And thanks for sharing that link to those yummy cakes, I'll definitely check it out! Just stumbled upon this thread and couldn't resist chiming in. Speaking of tasty eats, have you ever tried the pizzas at Revolution Pizza & Kitchen? Seriously, they're game-changers! If you're ever in the mood for a different kind of culinary adventure, their menu is worth exploring. Check them out at https://www.therevolution.ie/ if you're curious. Thanks again for the Chinese New Year inspiration!