MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   NEW G-class breaks cover!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/103524-new-g-class-breaks-cover.html)

akbro93704 04-01-2005 07:49 PM

NEW G-class breaks cover!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ne.promo.4.*#4
some parts look photoshopped, doesn't look rugged and military enough to be a G-class, I think
:nix: :naughty: :duh: :nix:

absent 04-02-2005 10:00 AM

Another Toyota SUV look.

DUTCH 04-04-2005 09:07 AM

Looks a bit too much like its cousin, the Chrysler Pacifica; but some folks say that "Incest is best".

Reefminis 04-04-2005 06:32 PM

They should not call it a "G".........it doesn't even remotely resemble one, nor will it be built like one.

respdoc 04-05-2005 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Reefminis
...it doesn't even remotely resemble one, nor will it be built like one.

This could be the point..Don't know the actual sale numbers but I do notice
quite a few G's on the dealers lot that only movement they see is for the random test drive..

S_kLaSse 04-05-2005 08:32 PM

I remember when I was a kid, the current G looks weird to me. But it grows in me eventually. I am sure the next generation will too.

Reefminis 04-07-2005 12:56 PM

I had an '02 G and absolutely loved it apart from the fact it rode about as bad as my 911 on the pathetic Miami-Dade side of the road I use out of the Keys (not that I even expected the thing to ride like other air-suspended SUV's).

Now, instead of the '06 CLS55 I have on order I'm thinking about either an '05 G55 or an '05 Cayenne TT.............I wouldn't slap a hog on its backside for the new "G". But hey, unfortunately thats the name of the game these days. As much as I disagree with MB calling this thing a G-Class, its akin to Hummer calling the H2 a Hummer, BMW calling the MINI a Mini, and Pontiac calling the Holden Monaro a GTO. Most people just don't care about history and the name of the game is brand recognition. Not much we can do.

As ugly as it is, I'm sure the new "G" will be a nice driving truck.......I just don't think I'd ever buy one.

///AMG55 04-07-2005 03:51 PM

I wouldn't buy the G55 unless it was at substantial loss to the person selling it. I've driven both and after choosing the Porsche I have to say the Cayenne Turbo is king! Once those turbo's kick in it seems to make it's own gravity propelling you forward. And the ride height is fully adjustable, the suspension is set up so you can select from three different ride types comfort, normal and sport. The G55 maybe a little faster with it's blown engine in the straights but that’s about the only thing. The ride is so rough even if there isn't a hint of wiggle in that chassis. I don’t mean to bash the G55 it looks OK for a car that was designed in 1979!!!!

JDM 04-07-2005 04:24 PM

Now, instead of the '06 CLS55 I have on order I'm thinking about either an '05 G55 or an '05 Cayenne TT.............I wouldn't slap a hog on its backside for the new "G". But hey, unfortunately thats the name of the game these days. As much as I disagree with MB calling this thing a G-Class, its akin to Hummer calling the H2 a Hummer, BMW calling the MINI a Mini, and Pontiac calling the Holden Monaro a GTO. Most people just don't care about history and the name of the game is brand recognition. Not much we can do.<--Quote : Reefminis

So true, so true,...suck's really, but the majority of the market is so gullible now. I studied all the German makes, and others when I was growing up(not that ive actually grown up yet) for fun, collected toys, fooled the 1800#'s into sending me literature,...That holden was also an Opel sedan 1995-97, who's existence was obscure in the US until 97 when the caddy that zig's arrived. :crazy: I do appreciate that the Mercedes heritage is still obvious in all the cars, though. At least to my eye.