G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Anyone in the US have a G550 4x4 on order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 01:35 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by Yupkwondo
I've been in constant contact with them, last communications were December 13th and 14th when they asked me to spec a color, which was a day before you posted they recieved their second allocation. I even have gotten Mercedes N.A. involved a few months ago. I think they are just going to refuse to deal with me because I went to Mercedes N.A. and let them know of the situation.

I have no idea, but I sent them an email of my awareness of their second allocation but not that I know it's not my color I want to see what they say.
They spec changed the color on December 17th to Mauritius Blue.

I wish you luck, glad you got MBUSA involved, you should be alright.

FYI, build slot is for April...
Old 12-31-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by NYCBenz
They spec changed the color on December 17th to Mauritius Blue.

I wish you luck, glad you got MBUSA involved, you should be alright.

FYI, build slot is for April...
Thank you. Can you do me one more favor. He has two more MB dealerships.

MB of Burlington and MB of Fort Mitchell

Can you look and see if either of those have allocations. One last grasp of hope they aren't complete liars and used a potential allocation from a different dealership.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:48 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Thank you. Can you do me one more favor. He has two more MB dealerships.

MB of Burlington and MB of Fort Mitchell

Can you look and see if either of those have allocations. One last grasp of hope they aren't complete liars and used a potential allocation from a different dealership.
MB FT Mitchell has 2 Allocations, both are Night Black Magno.

I don't see any Burlington in the Central Region...there is MB Burlington in MA, but that is Herb Chambers.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:06 PM

MB FT Mitchell has 2 Allocations, both are Night Black Magno.

I don't see any Burlington in the Central Region...there is MB Burlington in MA, but that is Herb Chambers.
It's the MA dealership, their website lists it as Bernie Moreno. I wonder if it was a recent sale.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
g class
10 Days generally.

Boat ETA is the 6th of Jan, so plenty of time to get the DOT Certification before end of month I think.

Thanks for the info. If ETA is the 6th when do you think these will get to dealers? I'm leaving the country Jan 30th for 4 weeks and would prefer to pickup my car before I leave. Last email from my dealer last week was that mbusa has not officially launched the car yet and so the cars may sit somewhere until this happens. He wasn't sure. I just emailed them trying to get confirmation.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2016, 02:41 PM

6x6 | 4x4
It's the MA dealership, their website lists it as Bernie Moreno. I wonder if it was a recent sale.
Oh, maybe they aren't Herb Chambers...thought they are/were....

Anyway, they don't have a slot at all.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:45 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by CrazyMD
Thanks for the info. If ETA is the 6th when do you think these will get to dealers? I'm leaving the country Jan 30th for 4 weeks and would prefer to pickup my car before I leave. Last email from my dealer last week was that mbusa has not officially launched the car yet and so the cars may sit somewhere until this happens. He wasn't sure. I just emailed them trying to get confirmation.

Thanks
No idea to be honest, however I have to assume before end of January.

The 4X4 has not been "released", and the Certification once they arrive from the Boat to the VPC (Vehicle Processing Center) can definitely take awhile, however I am hoping for end of January.

The cars would remain put at the VPC until they are officially released/certified, so don't worry about that. Just request that the dealer not put it in the Showroom in case you are out of the Country when they actually take possession.

This Truck is going to attract a lot of attention, so I imagine most dealers will throw Sold Units on the Floor for display until they are picked up (even though they theoretically shouldn't do that).
Old 12-31-2016, 06:04 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition
Oh, maybe they aren't Herb Chambers...thought they are/were....

Anyway, they don't have a slot at all.
Mercedes Benz of Burlington is definitely a Bernie Moreno dealership. I obviously can't speak to the experience @Yupkwondo has had with their North Olmstead dealership, but I've had nothing but positive experiences with Burlington so far. I switched to having them service my 2014 G550 once they opened because they're about 10 minutes away (versus 40 to the dealer I bought it from) and they won me over with better service by fixing a window regulator issue the first dealer dismissed as normal.

I purchased a 2016 G550 late last year and took delivery of a 2017 G63 last week. My brother and parents each purchased GLC's. We've all been pleased with how they've treated us.

My G63 got stuck in customs for a while and I was beginning to wonder if they were stringing me along, but @NYCBenz looked into it and confirmed that it was stuck. As a thank you for being patient waiting for it, they offered to pay the entire cost of the tire swap we had agreed to split.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:20 PM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by greynlds
Mercedes Benz of Burlington is definitely a Bernie Moreno dealership. I obviously can't speak to the experience @Yupkwondo has had with their North Olmstead dealership, but I've had nothing but positive experiences with Burlington so far. I switched to having them service my 2014 G550 once they opened because they're about 10 minutes away (versus 40 to the dealer I bought it from) and they won me over with better service by fixing a window regulator issue the first dealer dismissed as normal.

I purchased a 2016 G550 late last year and took delivery of a 2017 G63 last week. My brother and parents each purchased GLC's. We've all been pleased with how they've treated us.

My G63 got stuck in customs for a while and I was beginning to wonder if they were stringing me along, but @NYCBenz looked into it and confirmed that it was stuck. As a thank you for being patient waiting for it, they offered to pay the entire cost of the tire swap we had agreed to split.
I agree with you, I use their North Olmsted dealership exclusively and more than 10 cars later since 2007 including 2 SLSs, 5 G-classes etc.. , I can tell you Bernie, Helder, Matt and their team are absolutely the best dealership I have ever used. But I can totally understand their reluctance to sell a very limited edition car to someone from out of town. And getting MBNA involved is only going to **** them off even more! They can't be bullied and they simply are not obligated to sell to anyone they don't like. If I were them and I saw thae negative comments on this board about this deal I would simply refund the deposit and say thank you bye and don't come back! I think they are being too nice!
Old 12-31-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by haa
I agree with you, I use their North Olmsted dealership exclusively and more than 10 cars later since 2007 including 2 SLSs, 5 G-classes etc.. , I can tell you Bernie, Helder, Matt and their team are absolutely the best dealership I have ever used. But I can totally understand their reluctance to sell a very limited edition car to someone from out of town. And getting MBNA involved is only going to **** them off even more! They can't be bullied and they simply are not obligated to sell to anyone they don't like. If I were them and I saw thae negative comments on this board about this deal I would simply refund the deposit and say thank you bye and don't come back! I think they are being too nice!
A few points.

1. If 15 miles south of the dealership is out of town, that's news to me.
2. My deposit was put down in June, 1 day after it was announced, was told #1, by Matt himself, first party of interest at the dealership, they didn't seem to have any issue taking my deposit then.
3. #1 was given to Lebron (or one of his business associates) I didn't really complain and understood Vip customers, just wanted to make sure I received the next allocation.
4. Have been told time after time I was to get the next allocation, again in person, by Matt himself when he said I was the only deposit he had for a second time about 2 months ago. So at this point if they passed me over again, then their actions are tantamount to fraudulent.

I've always held, if I wasn't #1 I should've been told up front that they weren't going to sell me a car or it was as they see fit, I would've put a deposit elsewhere early so I could've assured myself an allocation, or at least tried. I went to Bernie Moreno because it did have a good reputation, and was more likely to get an allocation then Bedford was, even though I've bought way more cars from Penske. I was hoping to start a new relationship with another good dealership. However, that isn't what happened.

I have every communication I've had with them from my sales person on up. Every one has been my checking on what's going on and their stance has always been the same hence my not understanding their actions.

My getting MB involved was when I could tell this was going south. There is no bullying happening from my side. Im glad you've had a good experience, however I haven't.

BTW, my list of cars is just as long as yours; just no Mercedes, but if you/they think that I have to earn the right to buy a limited car, then they shouldn't take deposits and assign positions, just offer them to good customers first. You can't have it both ways.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 URUS, 2020 SVJ Roadster, 2020 718 Spyder
My dealership has also confirmed my 4x42 has been built but is sitting in Germany waiting to get on a ship. My sales guy thought it was kind of odd to be sitting in Germany for such a long time 12/10/16 production date.

NYC Benz... my dealership is MB Bloomfield Hills. Can you see if you see anything different?

Last edited by sansan; 01-05-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:58 AM

6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by sansan
My dealership has also confirmed my 4x42 has been built but is sitting in Germany waiting to get on a ship. My sales guy thought it was kind of odd to be sitting in Germany for such a long time 12/10/16 production date.

NYC Benz... my dealership is MB Bloomfield Hills. Can you see if you see anything different?
Magno Platinum, awesome!

Your G550 has been produced since the 22nd, however still has not boat assigned.

Not sure what the delay is, however this happens sometimes.

Your Dealer could always reach out to Daimler/MBUSA to see if they can expedite it? Don't think they will have any luck.
The following users liked this post:
sansan (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM

Magno Platinum, awesome!

Your G550 has been produced since the 22nd, however still has not boat assigned.

Not sure what the delay is, however this happens sometimes.

Your Dealer could always reach out to Daimler/MBUSA to see if they can expedite it? Don't think they will have any luck.
At least you are seeing the same information that my sales guy is.

Quick question since you have access to Netstar, can you possibly give a breakdown of all the colors that have been ordered?

I know you said Electric Beam is the highest. How many out of the 100-150 allocations are this color?

Interested to see if their is another Platinum Magno. I almost went Sintered Bronze Magno.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:11 PM

6x6 | 4x4
At least you are seeing the same information that my sales guy is.

Quick question since you have access to Netstar, can you possibly give a breakdown of all the colors that have been ordered?

I know you said Electric Beam is the highest. How many out of the 100-150 allocations are this color?

Interested to see if their is another Platinum Magno. I almost went Sintered Bronze Magno.
So Far Nationwide...:

15 Magno Platinum
3 Magno Sintered Bronze
Old 01-06-2017, 12:19 PM

So Far Nationwide...:

15 Magno Platinum
3 Magno Sintered Bronze
Should have gone with Sintered Bronze! Haha.

Funny but at that point didn't know what all the color prices would be so just had to pick. Was Sintered Bronze Magno different price than Platinum Magno?
Old 01-06-2017, 12:39 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Should have gone with Sintered Bronze! Haha.

Funny but at that point didn't know what all the color prices would be so just had to pick. Was Sintered Bronze Magno different price than Platinum Magno?
Platinum = $3,950
Bronze = $6,500
The following users liked this post:
sansan (01-06-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 11:12 AM

g class
Any update on when these cars will be released to dealers and when mb USA will officially launch the vehicle?
Old 01-11-2017, 11:28 AM

6x6 | 4x4
Any update on when these cars will be released to dealers and when mb USA will officially launch the vehicle?
No updates.

5 G550 4X4's have arrived at the Baltimore VPC.

I imagine they will be released before the end of January, however you never know. Depends on the DOT Certification, which may take some time I guess.

I will keep everyone in the loop, don't worry!
Old 01-11-2017, 11:30 AM

g class
One of those 5 is mine and I'm anxiously waiting!!! Don't want to kee bugging the dealership. Thanks for the update
Old 01-11-2017, 11:34 AM

6x6 | 4x4
One of those 5 is mine and I'm anxiously waiting!!! Don't want to kee bugging the dealership. Thanks for the update
Lol, they are probably as anxious as you, don't stress...

What color did you choose?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:42 PM

Any update on my order? Is it still waiting for ship in Germany?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:53 AM

6x6 | 4x4
Any update on my order? Is it still waiting for ship in Germany?
Still not shipped, however as of this morning it says "at Port - No Ship Assignment".

That is the last step before getting loaded on a boat.

Realistically, your Truck should be in Michigan sometime next month.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prius
NYCBenz could you please tell me if any are still available in North Carolina? Thanks
Old 01-15-2017, 06:22 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
So Far Nationwide...:

15 Magno Platinum
3 Magno Sintered Bronze
Likely because they build similar color in waves? I'm guessing electric and black would be the highest volume
Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM

6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by jay777
NYCBenz could you please tell me if any are still available in North Carolina? Thanks
Only 2 for all of NC.

One in Charlotte in Production (Electric Beam)
One in Pineville Scheduled to be Produced February (Magnetite Black)

Both Trucks cannot have paint changed, and are probably sold, however reach out and see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.