G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Just put a deposit down on a G63 order at MSRP today! Need opinions on my build!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 09:43 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
2021 Night Black Magno G63
Just put a deposit down on a G63 order at MSRP today! Need opinions on my build!

I just put a $1K deposit down on a new G63 order at Mercedes Benz of Pompano today at MSRP. I was told that they have 15 G63 orders ahead of mine and that I shouldn't expect to receive my car until about 15 months out, which would almost surely mean I'm not seeing it until the 2021 models are out. I'm happy to be able to order one at MSRP but must admit that the timeline really sucks. I really wanted to try to be able to get one 6-12 months out max but couldn't find any dealer in South Florida who could get me the car within 12 months. Here is the build that I gave my salesman:

G63 ($152,500)

EXTERIOR
Color: designo Night Black Magno (matte) ($3950)
Wheels: 22-inch AMG forged cross-spoke, matte black ($4450)
-AMG Night Package ($1950)

INTERIOR
Upholstery: G manufaktur Interior Package Plus with designo Black Exclusive Nappa ($8,050)
-I added white topstitching onto the black leather throughout the interior
Trim: Carbon Fiber ($3,700)
Steering Wheel: I picked the AMG Carbon Fiber/Dinamica for now ($900)
-12.3 inch digital instrument cluster ($850)
-Surround view system ($400)
-Black seat belts

Total build cost at MSRP = $176,750

What do you guys think of my build? I would appreciate any opinions/advice as I want to make this car the best it can possibly be since I will have to wait forever for it!

What do you guys recommend for the steering wheel? I was unsure about it. I definitely want something with carbon fiber on it to match the rest of the interior so my only 2 options are the Carbon Fiber/Dinamica steering wheel ($900) or the steering wheel in Wood/Leather ($600). I test drove a used 2019 G63 today that had the Carbon Fiber/Dinamica steering wheel and, while I loved the look of the carbon fiber, I wasn't in love with the microfiber part. I had never driven a car with that type of material before. Maybe I just wasn't used to it. The salesman told me that it's better in the fabric than in leather as the fabric doesn't get hot in warm temperatures (I live in Miami). However, I am considering changing my order to the Carbon Fiber/Leather steering wheel. What do you guys think is best for the steering wheel? It's only a difference of $300 from the CF/Dinamica one to the CF/Leather one so it's not about the money but just what would feel most comfortable and last the longest. I typically hold my cars for at least 4-5 years (I'm still driving my 2013 G550 that was delivered Feb 2013 and that I ordered brand new until my new G63 arrives).

Appreciate any opinions and advice from fellow forum members and aficionados! Thanks guys!
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 G63
Congrats! You've got months of changing your build and driving your sales person crazy though

You're either using the online configurator (which is wrong) or an old order guide. For example, the dash is digital as standard now....
The following users liked this post:
EJKaufman (11-17-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by alistairg
Congrats! You've got months of changing your build and driving your sales person crazy though

You're either using the online configurator (which is wrong) or an old order guide. For example, the dash is digital as standard now....
Thanks! Haha. Yes, we used the online configurator today but my salesman is supposed to send me the dealer build sheet tomorrow. Will update once I get that.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:20 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 G63
Originally Posted by EJKaufman
Thanks! Haha. Yes, we used the online configurator today but my salesman is supposed to send me the dealer build sheet tomorrow. Will update once I get that.
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...mg-g63-dog.pdf
EJKaufman (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 AM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 6.3s AMG
I just put a $1K deposit down on a new G63 order at Mercedes Benz of Pompano today at MSRP. I was told that they have 15 G63 orders ahead of mine and that I shouldn't expect to receive my car until about 15 months out, which would almost surely mean I'm not seeing it until the 2021 models are out. I'm happy to be able to order one at MSRP but must admit that the timeline really sucks. I really wanted to try to be able to get one 6-12 months out max but couldn't find any dealer in South Florida who could get me the car within 12 months. Here is the build that I gave my salesman:

G63 ($152,500)

EXTERIOR
Color: designo Night Black Magno (matte) ($3950)
Wheels: 22-inch AMG forged cross-spoke, matte black ($4450)
-AMG Night Package ($1950)

INTERIOR
Upholstery: G manufaktur Interior Package Plus with designo Black Exclusive Nappa ($8,050)
-I added white topstitching onto the black leather throughout the interior
Trim: Carbon Fiber ($3,700)
Steering Wheel: I picked the AMG Carbon Fiber/Dinamica for now ($900)
-12.3 inch digital instrument cluster ($850)
-Surround view system ($400)
-Black seat belts

Total build cost at MSRP = $176,750

What do you guys think of my build? I would appreciate any opinions/advice as I want to make this car the best it can possibly be since I will have to wait forever for it!

What do you guys recommend for the steering wheel? I was unsure about it. I definitely want something with carbon fiber on it to match the rest of the interior so my only 2 options are the Carbon Fiber/Dinamica steering wheel ($900) or the steering wheel in Wood/Leather ($600). I test drove a used 2019 G63 today that had the Carbon Fiber/Dinamica steering wheel and, while I loved the look of the carbon fiber, I wasn't in love with the microfiber part. I had never driven a car with that type of material before. Maybe I just wasn't used to it. The salesman told me that it's better in the fabric than in leather as the fabric doesn't get hot in warm temperatures (I live in Miami). However, I am considering changing my order to the Carbon Fiber/Leather steering wheel. What do you guys think is best for the steering wheel? It's only a difference of $300 from the CF/Dinamica one to the CF/Leather one so it's not about the money but just what would feel most comfortable and last the longest. I typically hold my cars for at least 4-5 years (I'm still driving my 2013 G550 that was delivered Feb 2013 and that I ordered brand new until my new G63 arrives).

Appreciate any opinions and advice from fellow forum members and aficionados! Thanks guys!
I prefer the vehicle without the Night Pack, its more in keeping to the older model (hopefully that makes sense). The only upgrade I wish I got was the Winter Pack however I live in the UK where it rains a lot!!
EJKaufman (11-18-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 05:20 PM

Final build sheet in today! Truck promised to me within 12 months at MSRP. Now the long wait ⌛️

Old 11-22-2019, 05:03 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
MY19 G63 AMG
Have same in 2019 but silver calipers (in turn painted yellow)...couldnt be happier! Congrats!!!
Final build sheet in today! Truck promised to me within 12 months at MSRP. Now the long wait ⌛️

EJKaufman (11-23-2019)