G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

LED Rear Light Install Error Message Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 07:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 G63 AMG
Hello there and thank you for all the info.

I can see I will not get anywhere with THESE lights from Mygermanride.com, I went to 2 MB/BZ shops and they both told me they cannot assure they will work without a ERROR, and I see the other guy CARLOS has not been successful and sold the car with the problem (spoke to him), so I will give it up, RETURN the lights.

NOW, can someone tell me WHAT LED tail lights look nice and will WORK plug and play, link to where to buy them please.

Thanks a lot
Appreciate any inputs please.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:31 PM

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
G63
Originally Posted by brazeagle
Hello there and thank you for all the info.

I can see I will not get anywhere with THESE lights from Mygermanride.com, I went to 2 MB/BZ shops and they both told me they cannot assure they will work without a ERROR, and I see the other guy CARLOS has not been successful and sold the car with the problem (spoke to him), so I will give it up, RETURN the lights.

NOW, can someone tell me WHAT LED tail lights look nice and will WORK plug and play, link to where to buy them please.

Thanks a lot
Appreciate any inputs please.

I purchased mine from Ijdmtoys.com - got them in smoked lens with the sequential signal. No resistors just plug and play - all the electronics are built into the rear of the tail light. Here’s a link to a video I just made so folks can see what it looks like. Not sure if it what folks are looking for, but these literally take like 15mins a side to put on!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v00wy0npb...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Old 07-26-2020, 08:56 PM

2014 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by Willard Lee
I purchased mine from Ijdmtoys.com - got them in smoked lens with the sequential signal. No resistors just plug and play - all the electronics are built into the rear of the tail light. Here’s a link to a video I just made so folks can see what it looks like. Not sure if it what folks are looking for, but these literally take like 15mins a side to put on!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v00wy0npb...%20PM.mov?dl=0
SOUNDS GREAT and thank you for the referral.
I am returning these lights and will purchase from ljdmtoys.
So you say, it is a plug and play, easy installation? I am buying the front signals (probably smoked as my car is dark grey? or should it be clear? your opinion please) and the tail lights with sequential blink (is that what you have it? is it same installation principle?)
Thanks,
Luiz
Old 07-26-2020, 10:17 PM

G63
Originally Posted by brazeagle
SOUNDS GREAT and thank you for the referral.
I am returning these lights and will purchase from ljdmtoys.
So you say, it is a plug and play, easy installation? I am buying the front signals (probably smoked as my car is dark grey? or should it be clear? your opinion please) and the tail lights with sequential blink (is that what you have it? is it same installation principle?)
Thanks,
Luiz
i have smoked mansory signals in the front.. and yes, the ones in the rear are sequential...
Old 07-27-2020, 08:29 AM

2014 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by Willard Lee
i have smoked mansory signals in the front.. and yes, the ones in the rear are sequential...
Hello Willard and THANK YOU MUCH BUDDY, you have been very helpful.

I will purchase today the smoked front signals and the red tail lights sequential. I may ask you for some assistance for the installation in case I find an issue. I saw a video with the same lights and the guys were mentioning about a problem resolved by disconnecting a plug, restarting the car...something like that on this video, DI YOU have this issue?
This video...

Thanks again and I am sorry for all the questions.
Appreciated it.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:38 AM

G63
I'm not sure what they are referencing in the video. I just followed these instructions and things worked first try!

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/pages/1999...l-lamp-install
The following users liked this post:
brazeagle (07-27-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 05:30 PM

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
s550
Bought mine from ijdmtoy too. Installation was a breeze given the clear instructions.
No error codes. Looks great on the car. Definitely a nice upgrade.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:44 AM

2014 G63 AMG
Please HELP on this question

Originally Posted by just1time
Bought mine from ijdmtoy too. Installation was a breeze given the clear instructions.
No error codes. Looks great on the car. Definitely a nice upgrade.
Great to hear that, returned the others and got from the same ijdmtoy.
I read the instructions, and I have a doubt...YOU HAVE TO DISCONNECT THE green cable from the BALAST before testing the lights...Do you have to reconnect that after or it will be permanently disconnected?

Thanks a lot
Old 11-20-2020, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
G63 AMG
Rear lights

Hello, i would like to know if someone has bought this one :

https://www.dmpcardes********/index...._id=261&page=2

Had you find some difficulties to install them?

Cédric