G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

2020 G63 Rear Seat Entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 G63 AMG 2020 BMW M8
2020 G63 Rear Seat Entertainment

Has anyone else ordered the rear seat entertainment? Manual says remote comes with it, car delivered no remote. Dealer says remote doesn’t come with it anymore since Mercedes stopped distributing because now it’s a touch screen. Is dealer correct? Seems like the remote does a lot of the features. Also, all the screen share icons are grayed out. If you have it, please share the capabilities. Can you project vidoes from phone to screen or any other features? My dealer is clueless about everything.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Correct - no remote's - Android based tablet system - and YES dealer's have no info on operation... kindof a "unknown" for everybody... the OEM electronics company in FL that designed and built it can't tell anybidy it's there's - and can't help with Customer Support for the Mercedes "branded" tablet setup
Old 06-20-2020, 07:13 AM

Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts
mclaren 720s
My 2020 G63 came with it but car not delivered yet... i like how you can pop screen on and off. Not sure i want remotes... just another item the kids will lose or break! Looking forward to trying.

Question - do they come with instruction manuals?
Old 06-20-2020, 10:59 PM

2020 G63 AMG 2020 BMW M8
Originally Posted by spourreza
My 2020 G63 came with it but car not delivered yet... i like how you can pop screen on and off. Not sure i want remotes... just another item the kids will lose or break! Looking forward to trying.

Question - do they come with instruction manuals?
it does come with a manual but it says it comes with remote and you do initial setup with remote. Other than that, the manual doesn’t tell you much. Not sure if you can do screen duplication or not. Dealer doesn’t know squat and they Are a high volume dealer.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:32 AM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by Longsofty
it does come with a manual but it says it comes with remote and you do initial setup with remote. Other than that, the manual doesn’t tell you much. Not sure if you can do screen duplication or not. Dealer doesn’t know squat and they Are a high volume dealer.
can you call corporate? customer service? my g63 is my first MB and i am sure i will run into the same issue with my car arrives in a week or two... will be curious how you make out!
Old 06-22-2020, 10:45 PM

2020 G63 AMG 2020 BMW M8
can you call corporate? customer service? my g63 is my first MB and i am sure i will run into the same issue with my car arrives in a week or two... will be curious how you make out!
spoke to mbusa. The system does come with a remote. My dealership was clueless and it’s sad I had to call and mbusa confirmed and called dealer today to resolve. Sad that Such an expensive vehicle ordered and was delivered incomplete and I was told wrong info by dealer. I don’t understand why they couldn’t call to resolve it.
The following users liked this post:
spourreza (06-23-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 10:55 PM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by Longsofty
spoke to mbusa. The system does come with a remote. My dealership was clueless and it’s sad I had to call and mbusa confirmed and called dealer today to resolve. Sad that Such an expensive vehicle ordered and was delivered incomplete and I was told wrong info by dealer. I don’t understand why they couldn’t call to resolve it.
wow... mine didn’t come with remote either... dealer said you dont need and screens work through your phone and touchscreen... i said i dont agree... now they are calling MBUSA!!!! do i even really need remote???

btw, the instructions specifically say that the remote control is “optional” per instructions manual and to call your dealer if you want one... wonder if its a separate charge?

Also, did anyone activate the car’s wifi or using a hotspot on phone to access web browser etc?

Last edited by spourreza; 06-27-2020 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:18 PM

2020 G63 AMG 2020 BMW M8
wow... mine didn’t come with remote either... dealer said you dont need and screens work through your phone and touchscreen... i said i dont agree... now they are calling MBUSA!!!! do i even really need remote???

btw, the instructions specifically say that the remote control is “optional” per instructions manual and to call your dealer if you want one... wonder if its a separate charge?

Also, did anyone activate the car’s wifi or using a hotspot on phone to access web browser etc?
Don’t listen to your dealer. They are clueless like mine. They do come with remotes. I spoke to MBUSA and they confirmed they are to come with remotes. MBUSA called dealer and ordered correct parts. Picked up today and remotes and all functions work.
The following users liked this post:
spourreza (06-30-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 05:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 G550
I activated the WiFi (added it to my AT&T unlimited plan), mostly because sometimes I carry family/friends who need to do laptop work on long trips, or they are international and don’t have a domestic data plan.

But regarding the COMAND web browser, it’s my understanding the MB disabled this function from working. Even if you were able to get this working before, within the past year MB disabled it for whatever reason, and now you get an apology/error message if you try to activate it.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:10 PM

mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by fpimd
I activated the WiFi (added it to my AT&T unlimited plan), mostly because sometimes I carry family/friends who need to do laptop work on long trips, or they are international and don’t have a domestic data plan.

But regarding the COMAND web browser, it’s my understanding the MB disabled this function from working. Even if you were able to get this working before, within the past year MB disabled it for whatever reason, and now you get an apology/error message if you try to activate it.
right... i activated the att unlimited plan mainly for the rear entertainment browser etc which works great... but the main browser in the front dash doesnt work and i get same error message. odd.. why?