G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Color of carpet/floor mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 05:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
991.2 Porsche Targa 4s
Color of carpet/floor mats

Hi All,

I just placed an order for a 2021 G550 and had a question about the color of the carpets and floor mats. I ordered it with the exclusive macchiato beige/espresso brown interior with diamond stitching. In addition I added the AMG package. My question is what color are the floor mats. On the website it looks like the floor mats are beige which I am concerned will get extremely dirty. If they are espresso or black it may withstand the dirt better. Does the AMG package change the color of the floor mats to black? Also if I order the all season mats will I also receive the original mats as well or are the substituted out? Thanks in advance for all your replies.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:10 PM

Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by dzuyvu
Hi All,

I just placed an order for a 2021 G550 and had a question about the color of the carpets and floor mats. I ordered it with the exclusive macchiato beige/espresso brown interior with diamond stitching. In addition I added the AMG package. My question is what color are the floor mats. On the website it looks like the floor mats are beige which I am concerned will get extremely dirty. If they are espresso or black it may withstand the dirt better. Does the AMG package change the color of the floor mats to black? Also if I order the all season mats will I also receive the original mats as well or are the substituted out? Thanks in advance for all your replies.
I can answer one of your questions, yes, if you order all season mats, you also receive carpet mats.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If your Dealer has given your the Build-Sheet - the Dealer Order Guide gives them a easy reference for "Color's" for that Interior Code - including Seat-Color, Carpet-Mats Color - Upper/Lower Dash Color Seat-Belt Color-Steering-Wheel Color - Headliner-Color On order.

There are about 50 interior choices - and your should know your Interior Code.

That's a EASY CALL to your Dealer/Salesperson - you are buying a High-Line Mercedes - and easy answer from the Dealer really.

I "think" you are talking about Interior 805 - and Yes Carpet Mats are Beige - and YES when you order additional All-Weather Mats on your factory order - kindof slick slick since the MB G-Wagen mats are genuine Rubber - you get both the Rubber All-Weather and the original Beige Carpet mats.

You should ASK your Dealer NOW if they are willing to order-in/give-you black a set of Black-Carpet mats at No-Charge on delivery - it would be a nice gesture from your Dealer to show they appreciate your $140K-$150K business - and ANY Dealer who refuses is a Horses A*s.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
991.2 Porsche Targa 4s
Yes I believe the interior code is 805. Yes the order guide shows beige floor mats but I was just curious if ordering the AMG package with their specific floor mats defaults the floor mats to black or are the AMG mats just the same mats but with AMG lettering. My build sheet shows AMG floor mats with the code V43. Also are the all season mats black in color or if you get the beige interior the all weather mats become beige in color as well.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Look dude - you asked the question - you got the correct answer in detail - and like a good # of guys on this forum who have their 1st G on order - you are way-way overthinking - it just to tie up your mind - get on with it buddy..
Old 11-03-2020, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 739 Posts
G550
Best solution is to yank the carpet mats, store them, and install weathertech mats in a color of your choice (black, gray or beige).