G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Help! My FL side marker light isn't getting power.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2024, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G500 Grand Edition
Help! My FL side marker light isn't getting power.

Hello W463 brain trust,

I’m hoping someone could help me troubleshoot my front left side marker light issue?

Long story short, there is no power going to the connector. Is there a front left side marker fuse?

Here’s the full context:

When I purchased my 2005 G500 4 months ago (from the original owner in Salem, OR) the bulb was out and the malfunction message was on the dash. I replaced the bulb with a Hella 4w bulb and it got rid of the initial malfunction message.

A couple weeks ago the bulb went out again so I replaced the bulb with another Hella 4W bulb, but this did not fix the issue. I tried an LED bulb expecting for it to flash, but it didn't power on immediately. It did flash once after 10-15 seconds, but then it stayed off.

I tried cleaning the contacts on the bulb holder and the wire connector behind the headlight with a small wire brush / sandpaper and even used dielectric grease on the contacts, but that didn't work either.

I then used a voltmeter to test the bulb connector and got no power. I tested the wire connector behind the headlight and got no power, either.

So this is where I am now: trying to locate the front left side marker fuse, if there is one.

I know the front SAM manages all the lights on the front of the vehicle, but this is where I'm stuck.

So I ask: Is there a front left side marker fuse?

I didn't see one any of the fuse diagrams I've downloaded and I'm not seeing one on the attached documentation from MB.

I appreciate any guidance you can provide.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
AJ
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Electrical System.pdf (2.72 MB, 9 views)