G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Dealer Wont Let me change G63 Build Spec.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19’ G550
Dealer Wont Let me change G63 Build Spec.

So i own a 2019 G550 and back in the end of 2019 i place a build order for a 63. So much time has passed that i thought i would want to contact my dealer and find out where this build was since i knew and HE KNEW i wanted to change the spec. He informed me id be looking at deliver this may and its too late to change the spec, which kills me because my spec sucks and the options got so much better with the new model year. He tried telling me “if you pay me an extra $30k you can pass on this on ans i can get you one in july with your spec. Do you guys really think its too late to change the soec or is he just trying to steal my allocation? Thanks
Old 01-30-2021, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 571 Likes on 374 Posts
2023 G63
Dealer sounds really shady. Do you have a purchase order number yet?

For my mid December delivery, my vehicle locked around mid September so three months ahead of time.

You may want to just take what you have ordered if they are offering it at MSRP. Then place an order for a 2022 with what you want. I imagine dealers will be happy to get you a future allocation if they know they are getting a G63 back in trade.

If the dealer wants over msrp that’s harder to say. A lot of money to spend on something that isn’t perfect.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:31 PM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by JAYAP
So i own a 2019 G550 and back in the end of 2019 i place a build order for a 63. So much time has passed that i thought i would want to contact my dealer and find out where this build was since i knew and HE KNEW i wanted to change the spec. He informed me id be looking at deliver this may and its too late to change the spec, which kills me because my spec sucks and the options got so much better with the new model year. He tried telling me “if you pay me an extra $30k you can pass on this on ans i can get you one in july with your spec. Do you guys really think its too late to change the soec or is he just trying to steal my allocation? Thanks
If your car is going to be delivered in May then it is probably a March build date which means it maybe truly too late to change your build. Why did you wait so long? The 2021 DOG has been out since June 2020! On the other hand I do not understand why he wants 30K to put you in a later slot. He can simply easily sell that car at a profit and give you the later slot unless it is a truly bad spec that he thinks he can’t sell easily. What’s in your spec?
Old 01-30-2021, 06:44 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Volt
I wouldn't give him a dime if you don't want what you ordered. Back out and find another stealer. $30k on top to get what you want is silly.

Last edited by hard top; 01-30-2021 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I encountered the same problem. It wasn't the dealer fault, factory sets the rules. Feel free to back out, they have no problems selling it. Meantime you could latch on to another order and customize what you want.