G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Phone Mount for G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 12:12 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
2020 MB AMG G63, 2022 MB AMG SL55
Phone Mount for G

Hello. I'm pretty sure there are many folks here still shopping for a phone mount for G with their iPhones with Magsafe capability.
So I'd like to share mine which I got it from Amazon for 19 bucks. Maybe your can find it cheaper else where like, Aliexpress... I'm a pretty lazy guy.
This is the Amazon link:
Amazon Amazon

First, I tried various vent mounts, they all sucked especially with G vents wouldn't mount them properly, so I ended up returning a couple.
Second, I thought about getting a Proclip but it covers up the quite a portion of switch area and visually bothered me, so I passed on that.
Lastly, I'm satisfied with the one that I got in terms of location where I set it, it wouldn't visually cover up anything. Plus, this mount can hold the Apple Magsafe Charger and iPhone together.
And it comes with a round ring with adhesive that can be attached on the back of the phones without Magsafe, but I haven't tried it so can't tell if it holds the phone as strong as Magsafe.
If you have better ideas, please share here. And no offense to Proclip fans, it's just my opinion which doesn't matter to you.
Anyway here are some photos. Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
Azzurri (04-10-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 11:08 AM

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts
993 TT
Good find. Haven't upgraded to the 12 yet/ Would love to find a similar mount that positioned over the differential lock switches (gasp!) but that is the most natural place visually.

Does carplay work when you have the phone on the magsafe charger mount?
Old 04-11-2021, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by drew138
Good find. Haven't upgraded to the 12 yet/ Would love to find a similar mount that positioned over the differential lock switches (gasp!) but that is the most natural place visually.

Does carplay work when you have the phone on the magsafe charger mount?
If you're okay with covering up the differential lock switches, Proclip is the way to go. Here is their link:
https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/d...z-g-class/2020
But you still need to buy a compatible phone holder (to attach on the Proclip) from their website.

And you're seeing the Carplay screen in my photos because I'm connecting to Carplay wirelessly via wireless Carplay adapter, Play2Air.
Sadly Apple's Magsafe charger doesn't transfer data, it only transfers power, but it can happen in near future.
Good luck!
Old 04-26-2021, 11:39 AM

Questing for better phone mount continues...
This is the best option I found so far, Magbak phone case. They offer variety of cases from iPhone 6 to 12.
The case comes with two magnet strips which can be attached to a flat surface. But one strip is good enough to hold an iPhone.
Overall I'm very much satisfied with the result as the metal mag strip blend quite well with silver G vent surface.
So consider Magbak as an option if you're searching for your phone mount next time. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
JAGGED155 (05-06-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 01:22 PM

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts
993 TT
just bought the magbak; is exactly what i've been looking for...
thanks for posting.