G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

G550 Color Spec. Decisions, decisions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G550
Post G550 Color Spec. Decisions, decisions.

Hello world. I have my build allocation coming up this month for my first G 550 here in NA. Of course I have changed my build about 100 times, but I think I have settled on most of the spec. Curious on others opinions and assume all of us fantasize about building these things out regularly with various combos.

Exterior: Mojave Silver
Interior: Red, not the version with black inserts or diamond stitch, just regular with alcantara headliner
Trim: Metal Weave
Wheels: Black multispoke that comes with Night Package
Options: AMG Line, red calipers

Anyone here have a Mojave Silver? From what I can tell its not that common. I like the gray aspect and the dusty affect for dirt and tactical appearance. I will see how it comes in, but I am STRONGLY considering wrapping with a matte/satin PPF. Even if I like the gloss, will do just the front in a regular PPF.

I have struggled to find a Mojave Silver that has been matted, but from what I can tell on the Magno paints and other colors i've seen with Xpel Stealth, it should look dope.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:56 AM

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts
G63, G65
I haven't seen Mojave Silver in person, but I definitely like silver Gs. It's going to be a nice looking truck. I like those wheels on the 550. Looks good with a meaty tire. One word of caution on matter wrap/expel is that if your truck sits outside a lot it will start to look pretty shabby in a couple of years. The matte finish films don't have the same kind of UV protection that the glossy ones do, so they tend to stain over time. If it's garage kept most of the time I wouldn't worry about it much.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by The Butcher
I haven't seen Mojave Silver in person, but I definitely like silver Gs. It's going to be a nice looking truck. I like those wheels on the 550. Looks good with a meaty tire. One word of caution on matter wrap/expel is that if your truck sits outside a lot it will start to look pretty shabby in a couple of years. The matte finish films don't have the same kind of UV protection that the glossy ones do, so they tend to stain over time. If it's garage kept most of the time I wouldn't worry about it much.
Awesome thanks for the input. It will be garage kept at home and parked in a structure at work, so shouldnt be too much wear. That said, it does get hot here in Texas. I'm assuming the 10 yr warranty would cover something like staining? Or would I have to peel a corner first?
Old 06-20-2021, 08:35 AM

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by deediegraphiti
Awesome thanks for the input. It will be garage kept at home and parked in a structure at work, so shouldnt be too much wear. That said, it does get hot here in Texas. I'm assuming the 10 yr warranty would cover something like staining? Or would I have to peel a corner first?
You woud need to talk with the installer about any warrranty, as they tend to be specific to the installer, or the film they are using. Sounds like you will be keeping it out of the elements for the most part (UV kills it), so it should look good for longer.