G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

G63 car wash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 07:11 PM

Received 292 Likes on 194 Posts
‘13 911-4S, ‘21 CTR, '22 GT4, ‘19 G63
Originally Posted by Craig B
No front plate on mine, even though it’s required in my state.
same here .. none of my vehicles have it
Old 10-31-2021, 08:29 PM

Received 93 Likes on 81 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by Festertester
same here .. none of my vehicles have it
Same, never been stopped.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar XJ
I wouldn't recommend taking your G63 through a traditional car wash, touchless or otherwise. Here's why:
  • Those Brushes Can Be Brutal: Even touchless washes can have brushes or other equipment that might leave minor scratches or swirls on your paint, especially if it's black or another dark color. The G63 deserves a gentler touch!
  • Hidden Spots Get Neglected: Touchless washes might miss some areas, like the wheels, door jambs, and behind the badges. These areas can trap dirt and grime, defeating the purpose of a wash.
  • Made for the Masses, Not the Machine: Those conveyor belt washes are designed for speed and efficiency, not necessarily for a delicate car like your G63.
Here are some better options for keeping your G63 looking showroom fresh:
  • Hand Wash at Home: This is the safest option, but it can be time-consuming. Invest in some high-quality car wash soap and microfiber towels to avoid scratches.
  • Hand Wash Detail Shop: This is a great option if you don't have the time or inclination to wash it yourself, and they'll likely have the expertise to get those hard-to-reach areas. Speaking of detail shops, my uncle actually runs a professional car wash service that specializes in these types of high-end vehicles. His shop is called azautodetailing and they do incredible work. If you're interested, I can shoot you over his contact information.
  • Waterless Wash: This is a good option for in-between washes or if you live in an apartment and don't have access to a hose. Just make sure you use a high-quality waterless wash product and follow the instructions carefully.
Ultimately, the decision is yours. But for a car as special as a G63, it's worth taking the extra steps to ensure a safe and spotless wash.

Last edited by Keshari5522; 04-26-2024 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 05:22 AM

Received 93 Likes on 81 Posts
2018 Porsche 911 GT3 2021 Mercedes G 63
Originally Posted by Keshari5522
I wouldn't recommend taking your G63 through a traditional car wash, touchless or otherwise. Here's why:
  • Those Brushes Can Be Brutal: Even touchless washes can have brushes or other equipment that might leave minor scratches or swirls on your paint, especially if it's black or another dark color. The G63 deserves a gentler touch!
  • Hidden Spots Get Neglected: Touchless washes might miss some areas, like the wheels, door jambs, and behind the badges. These areas can trap dirt and grime, defeating the purpose of a wash.
  • Made for the Masses, Not the Machine: Those conveyor belt washes are designed for speed and efficiency, not necessarily for a delicate car like your G63.
Here are some better options for keeping your G63 looking showroom fresh:
  • Hand Wash at Home: This is the safest option, but it can be time-consuming. Invest in some high-quality car wash soap and microfiber towels to avoid scratches.
  • Hand Wash Detail Shop: This is a great option if you don't have the time or inclination to wash it yourself, and they'll likely have the expertise to get those hard-to-reach areas. Speaking of detail shops, my uncle actually runs a professional car wash service that specializes in these types of high-end vehicles. His shop is called azautodetailing and they do incredible work. If you're interested, I can shoot you over his contact information.
  • Waterless Wash: This is a good option for in-between washes or if you live in an apartment and don't have access to a hose. Just make sure you use a high-quality waterless wash product and follow the instructions carefully.
Ultimately, the decision is yours. But for a car as special as a G63, it's worth taking the extra steps to ensure a safe and spotless wash.
I always hand wash my G 63 at home. I would never go through a car wash with my G 63. I also have a Master Blaster for drying, I have a ceramic coating and use a ceramic reload spray every time I wash my vehicle. I don’t think the wheels would even fit in a car wash, you would scratch the wheels along with the finish. The soaps are too harsh in a touchless wash.
Old 04-26-2024, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar XJ
Honestly, you've got the perfect formula for keeping your G 63 looking showroom fresh.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:48 AM

Received 223 Likes on 157 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by spourreza
lol. this is funny thread.. i own a full service carwash (as an investment and wonderful tax shield) with BRUSHES and we wash alot of G wagons including mine and never do we scratch cars… those spinners are like feathers… suck it up guys!

@spourreza genuinely interested... how profitable is this business? I've always wondered how you can turn a profit at $20-$35/mo. for unlimited washes. I'm sure upgrades (Wax, tire shine add on, etc.) add to the profitability, but upfront costs of machinery, not mention maintenance and then wages for the employees, seems like it would make for slim margins.

There's a chain here that does unlimited washes for $20/mo. My guys take our work trucks through there weekly, and don't get any upgrades. What is the approximate cost (to the business) of a single wash?

No worries if you don't want to get into all of the financial details on an open forum. I've just always wondered abouut the profitability of these operations.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C, E, SL, S, G63
I’d be more concerned about the water recycling at most car wash places in cities.

Wash mine at home. 😬