G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2015 G63 General Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 G63 AMG G Wagon
2015 G63 General Questions

Just purchased a 2015 G63 with 35,000 Miles. Dealer was unable to provide me info on settings for the following:

All windows have a one touch features for windows to roll down and you can feel each switch has a second stage step upon pulling buttons up as though it should have that option but you have to hold down each button to roll windows all the way up. Dealer said G wagons don't offer that option because of limited space for the mechanism in the doors. Does any one's G63 have this option?

Have seen youtube videos on how to program the screen to display AMG but this process doesn't show same results as videos, perhaps its because of certain reasons? (I realize vehicle in video is not a G63 but figured it was the same theory but I was wrong)

The auto start using key fob I was told, works if you purchase the Mercedes Benz monthly membership supporting the application on your phone but was told it will soon not be supported for year models prior to 2017 starting August 2022. They suggested me not purchase the monthly membership but was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to go around all that to get it to work? I understand buying a remote start alarm works but most shops will not install alarms/remote starts on Mercedes especially G63's.

Is there a special way to use the lumbar support features on front two seats? We have tried using them and do not feel any difference. Anyone know of how to trouble shoot this issue? I understand there is a pouch/balloon type item in seats and hosts at times can get disconnected from seat adjustment usage so I will soon explore any thing underneath seats. Same goes for AC seats. They work but very faint results.

My driver's door panel LED accent light under arm rest did not function and passenger rear one is on the blink. Dealer offers replacement for $16 ea so I ordered two. I hope they are the right item and I hope they work. I have removed door panel already to investigate and its fairly easy to replace them.

any info/tricks/tips are very welcome. Cannot seem to find much upon my research on these vehicles in regards to setting features and general info.

Thank in advance.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:26 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
You can easily knock out the remote start and alarm with one of our Smartkey Starter systems and adding a Compustar FT-DASII sensor to our kit.
This will give you remote start with the factory key and with optional Drone Mobile / Directed Smart Start smartphone control, and the plug-and-play installation won't void any warranties.

Link to product: https://www.midcityengineering.com/p...er-sksng166d3/

Link to dealer locator for finding installers we work with in your area: https://www.midcityengineering.com/d...ealer-locater/
Old 04-11-2022, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,453 Likes on 959 Posts
No more MB:(
Congrats on your new rig!

Windows have express down but not up, never was an option/feature as far as I know. I own a 2018.

No idea on the screen.

You can aftermarket the remote start, easy.

I would have the lumbar looked at by a dealer or good MB mechanic. Yes, they can fail but usually an easy fix.

Lots of info on this forum.

Good luck and post some pics.