Driver’s Seat Won’t Recline- 2020 G550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 02:01 PM
LLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes G550
Driver’s Seat Won’t Recline- 2020 G550

Anyone have any suggestions to fix a drivers seat that won’t recline? All of the other seat controls are operating normally and the seat will INCLINE, but wont RECLINE.

Just happened randomly yesterday. I went into the vehicle and noticed my seat was off. First, I hit “memory 1” and only a few things adjusted, but not the angle of the seat-back. I assumed maybe the memory was accidentally reset, but no. Next, I obviously tried to use the buttons, but the seat still wouldn’t recline. It’s actually all the way forward and made it super difficult to drive even a short distance, at such an forward- angle.

My first instinct was to check the wiring under the seat, but everything seems in place and nothing feels loose. I also checked the fuse box near passenger door and all are good. Seems strange given the same switch will operate forward.

Where do I look next? What am I missing here? Any help is greatly appreciated! thank you.

Lindsey

Last edited by LLD; 04-24-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 759 Posts
G550
Unfortunately, switches no longer directly control motors in contemporary vehicles. Your MB dealer can connect its SDS to your truck and isolate the problem as being the switch, the motor or something in the digital jungle that exists between.