G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Got G63 Allocation and need some advise on specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 02:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2023 c63s coupe V8 2022 BMW X6 40I
Got G63 Allocation and need some advise on specs

Hi, So I've managed to get an allocation for G63 2023.
I'm going to my dealer tomorrow to set up a custom order.
The car is ordered by the 2023 guide and will be 2023, right? He assumed it would take roughly six months to arrive.

What would be a decent amount to pay over sticker? considering the market state and allocations etc...?

I was thinking of specing it in Monza Grey Magno and the Beige Macchiato interior. What do you think about this combination? Resell value? I find it the most beautiful combination ever !
I am attaching a video of one like that.

I'm also going to get the night package 1 to get everything blacked out.

I would also like to share with you a few of my concerns:
1. This is not the latest mbux and the screen is not touch... Is there any facelift that is going to change it anytime soon? Maybe I should wait? I'm not talking about the Electric one...
2. Can I remove or not spec the bull bar?
3. Is there a way to get the side step and the exhaust tips also in black?
4. There is no keyless comfort entrance? I mean, why do you need to press the button on the remote why it couldn't be by proximity lol that doesn't make sense
5. How is it for a mom's car? Having a child seat and putting her in and out? how difficult is it? she's 5 months still seating backward

Overall I feel that to achieve the holy grail some compromises have to be made... no power tailgate, no soft close doors or head-up display... and a lot of features are missing.. I hope that it will cover the missing by being a great and fun car.

Any tips? Things I should know or notice before I close the deal?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by kashkashio; 12-14-2022 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 G550 2023 G63
all good questions.
There are not a lot of "comforts" like some other cars like HUD etc, keyless entry.. but that has never been a problem for me. there are so many good things i overlook those "lack of features"
Color combo is great. I just got emerald green metallic with white inside. i personally was worried about magno colors (though look fantastic) in the winters and scratching the paint. hard to fix
Pricing is very dependent on your location and dealer. mine charges MRSP for locals and repeat customers only. likely will pay ADM of 25-50K easily if your not a known customer.
Cant order without bull bar but very easy to take off and there are videos showing this. you buy the covers after off at gwagenaccessories.com. i took the bar off my 550 but like it on the G63
exhaust and steps can be modified after at any local body shop but cant order black
no problem with kid seats forward or backward.
i would order the calipers in silver (no charge) may look a bit funny with red.
Great car i have had several and never disapointed.

The following 2 users liked this post by cardiacdoc:
achatgrau (12-14-2022), CincyMBGuy (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 09:07 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Just get everything. You're already getting a G.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W463A G63 AMG
ADM should be no more 15-20k, my dealer giving me with no ADM but atill thinking cause i have one 4x4 on order and 23 Urus S,

the salesman whos helping you should know the build day of your car amd aproximate eta not like 6 months
Old 12-14-2022, 06:02 PM

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by kashkashio
How is it for a mom's car? Having a child seat and putting her in and out? how difficult is it? she's 5 months still seating backward
It’s great but you will want to put the rear facing car seat in the middle seat. We have 3 car seats in the back and they all fit great! My dealer always jokes that I have the ultimate Dadmobile!
Old 12-14-2022, 06:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2023 c63s coupe V8 2022 BMW X6 40I
Originally Posted by tonygwagon
It’s great but you will want to put the rear facing car seat in the middle seat. We have 3 car seats in the back and they all fit great! My dealer always jokes that I have the ultimate Dadmobile!
Haha I got one so I should be okay!