Empty Windshield washer reservoir

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W213 E63s AMG - W176 A45 AMG
Empty Windshield washer reservoir

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to empty the windshield washer fluid reservoir on these new G's? I'm trying to empty mine because it got refilled with soap at service and my windshield protection film will loose its color if not used with clean water only.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2024, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 932 Likes on 714 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by luismatta
Hello,

Does anyone knows how to empty the windshield washer fluid reservoir on these new G's? I'm trying to empty mine because it got refilled with soap at service and my windshield protection film will loose its color if not used with clean water only.

Thanks
You could try using an extraction pump (looks like a big syringe) available at most auto stores for less than $20. You'll need a couple feet of vinyl tubing to extend the reach down the washer fluid filler neck. Once you get as much as you can sucked out, you can fill the reservoir up with water and flush the rest out with the washer pump, or do several fill and suction cycles until the soap concentration is nil. Put something in front of the spray jets to deflect the residue away from your windshield.

Is your protection film incompatible with conventional blue antifreeze washer fluid?

Last edited by streborx; 01-24-2024 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 534 Likes on 356 Posts
2023 G63
Hmm. I’ve had exoshield and now clearplex and both have been fine with washer fluid. Maybe ignorance is bliss on my part but I haven’t seen to use water only.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:02 PM
haa

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by luismatta
Hello,

Thanks
Caution, clean water will freeze and expand in solid state if the temp drops below 32 deg F and completely destroy the entire washer fluid system from reservoir to nozzles.