G63 AMG Brabus Exhaust valve actuator operation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 G63 AMG
G63 AMG Brabus Exhaust valve actuator operation

Hi, everyone.

I have a 2023 G63 AMG. Love the car so far but exhaust note was a bit quieter than I was expecting.

So I ordered the Brabus exhaust and then got it installed by a reputable master since the retailer of Brabus in my city did not offer installation and authorized dealer did not want to install it. Don't get me wrong car sounds like roaring tiger now and pops and bangs are much more noticeable in sport mode.

But i feel like master did not install the valve actuator correctly. First of all when i pressed the exhaust button on my car the valve used to make a mechanical noise like it is tightening. With new exhaust there is difference in exhaust sound but no such noise when exhaust button is pressed.

Also, i have recognized that even in silent mode both of the exhaust tips still have air coming out of them.

I think flaps don't fully close in comfort mode.

So what do you guys think? Can anyone with OEM exhaust confirm that both exhaust tips should have air flow in silent mode? And do you guys think actuator should make a noise when opening and closing?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:04 AM
SPONSOR

Received 834 Likes on 646 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by bashir776
Hi, everyone.

I have a 2023 G63 AMG. Love the car so far but exhaust note was a bit quieter than I was expecting.

So I ordered the Brabus exhaust and then got it installed by a reputable master since the retailer of Brabus in my city did not offer installation and authorized dealer did not want to install it. Don't get me wrong car sounds like roaring tiger now and pops and bangs are much more noticeable in sport mode.

But i feel like master did not install the valve actuator correctly. First of all when i pressed the exhaust button on my car the valve used to make a mechanical noise like it is tightening. With new exhaust there is difference in exhaust sound but no such noise when exhaust button is pressed.

Also, i have recognized that even in silent mode both of the exhaust tips still have air coming out of them.

I think flaps don't fully close in comfort mode.

So what do you guys think? Can anyone with OEM exhaust confirm that both exhaust tips should have air flow in silent mode? And do you guys think actuator should make a noise when opening and closing?

Thanks in advance.
What did the kit contain?
pictures please
The following users liked this post:
417win (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
What did the kit contain?
pictures please
The kit contained Brabus exhaust set with contollable flaps for w463 and w463a. Brabus exhaust is meant for old g classes. But with help of an adapter you can fit this exhaust to new (2019+) g classes. Adapter (two short tubes, two graphite gaskets and two clamps) is incuded in the kit. Btw i was suprised when i learned Brabus did not make any exhaust specifically for new g classes but that is how it is. They just sell the same exhaust (which is meant for old models) for both old and new g classes but include an adapter for new models.

Here are some photos.

Stainless steel tube - adapter

Graphite gaskets

Clamp

Exhaust

Stainless steel tube - adapter