G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Launch OBD Scanner - Temperature display in Celsius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2024 | 12:51 AM

N/A
Launch OBD Scanner - Temperature display in Celsius

This is a simple one, but actually one of the primary reasons I bought the Launch scanner. Unlike every other German car I've owned (BMW, Porsche, Audi) there is no way to change just the temperature unit from °F to °C (which I prefer). The setting exposed in COMMAND is either all metric or all customary US units. All metric won't work for me since all our roads are signed in MPH and miles. Launch scanner makes this possible:

463.261 - G550
Information and communication
Country_coding
Display Unit_temperature_unit_temp
Set value: "Degree C"

So far, so good. I was expecting to see somewhere in COMMAND a software glitch due to having US units set but also "Degree C" set causing some invalid state, but all my temps are correctly displayed throughout the system in °C. I'll update this thread if I encounter anything weird.

Fully expect this is of limited use to most, but perhaps there is some future poor soul who longs for °C in a US Mercedes-Benz and stumbles upon this in a search.

Hat tip to @streborx whose thread format I've followed for this post. I find it really easily to read and it would be nice to have some consistency as the knowledge is built up here.