22 g63 at dealer for 30 days, infotainment system doesn’t turn on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
22 g63 at dealer for 30 days, infotainment system doesn’t turn on

Hey all
created an account just to see if anyone else encountered this and has any suggestions.

The infotainment system (middle lcd display) stopped working. Doesn’t turn on, even if the car is in reverse the screen doesn’t display anything. Also the two charging ports under the arm rest aren’t providing electricity.

I read elsewhere that this might require a software update.

the car has been at the dealership for 30 days so far. They told me the software update keeps failing, which generates logs/reports, which they send to engineering, engineering comes back with alternative instructions, which the service center carries out, which also fail and generate more logs/reports. It’s been weeks of this with no estimate of when or how it’s going to be fixed.

I’ve called the MB customer care center and opened a companion case about a 8 days ago, but it doesn’t look like it had made any difference.

I don’t understand why after 30 days of software failing to update they haven’t started exploring if it’s hardware related.

is there anything else I can do to get this moving, has anyone experienced something like this and has any advice?
Old 05-15-2024, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 362 Posts
2023 G63
Sorry to hear about your situation. Two unrelated things not working makes me wonder if there's a fuse issue somewhere, but I'd be surprised if the dealer hasn't already considered that possibility.

Have you considered pushing for a buy back yet?
Old 05-15-2024, 07:40 PM

G63
Originally Posted by Hodog16
Sorry to hear about your situation. Two unrelated things not working makes me wonder if there's a fuse issue somewhere, but I'd be surprised if the dealer hasn't already considered that possibility.

Have you considered pushing for a buy back yet?
i have but I much rather have the car back.
I like the color. It’s also fully wrapped, which is another 9k. I would basically end up losing more time and money. I’m just baffled they can’t fix the issue.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:12 PM
haa

Received 188 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by rightlanepirate
i have but I much rather have the car back.
I like the color. It’s also fully wrapped, which is another 9k. I would basically end up losing more time and money. I’m just baffled they can’t fix the issue.
They will probably end up replacing the whole head unit but trying to avoid it because it is something like $8K
Old 05-15-2024, 09:29 PM

G63
Originally Posted by haa
They will probably end up replacing the whole head unit but trying to avoid it because it is something like $8K
yea but what’s the end goal, that enough time passes that I say “**** it, I don’t need the system”? Why drag it out? Besides, it’s all under warranty.
Old 05-23-2024, 06:17 PM

G63
5 weeks and 1 day.
They fixed it. The issue was the hard drive that drives the infotainment system failed. It was so corrupt that they couldn’t pull the VIN of the car from the drive which was holding up the warranty replacement. 5 weeks.
And when I picked it up the 4 bolts in the trunk for the battery cover were just in the trunk not bolted down.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 362 Posts
2023 G63
You should have service manager ask regional rep for some compensation from Mercedes. 5 weeks is nuts.

Good they figured it out finally.