G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

remote control deactivated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 07:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
G63
remote control deactivated

so silly question. have had my new G for nearly a year and never had the need or want to remotely control the windows. I have used the remote lock/unlock without issue.

My wife told me today the driver window was left down. I opened the app and went to close it. It shows at the top “remote control deactivated”.

It works fine for other uses just not the windows. Is there a setting I need to change. I can’t find anything on the app or in the vehicle.

thanks in advance.

Old 06-08-2024, 09:29 PM

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
2024 G 63
Good question. I use the remote door lock feature periodically, but I never tried the windows. I Googled it, and it looks like there might be a "Remote Package" that you can buy that includes "13 Digital Extras."

The included services "Personalisation", "Programming of Auxiliary heating/ventilation", "Theft notification and parking damage detection", "Remote Window Control", "Remote Control, Beginner Driver Mode" and "Remote Control, Valet Service Mode" require that the corresponding optional equipment is installed in the vehicle.

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-de...te-package/700

Last edited by sweet63; 06-08-2024 at 10:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
desertg63 (06-09-2024)
Old 06-09-2024, 02:43 AM

G63
Originally Posted by sweet63
Good question. I use the remote door lock feature periodically, but I never tried the windows. I Googled it, and it looks like there might be a "Remote Package" that you can buy that includes "13 Digital Extras."

The included services "Personalisation", "Programming of Auxiliary heating/ventilation", "Theft notification and parking damage detection", "Remote Window Control", "Remote Control, Beginner Driver Mode" and "Remote Control, Valet Service Mode" require that the corresponding optional equipment is installed in the vehicle.

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-de...te-package/700

thanks. never saw that before. what a joke for a $200k car. fwiw, I tried to see what the cost was. here’s what it says:

Old 06-09-2024, 02:46 AM

G63
I found a thread in another forum that the window control feature isn’t available in the US. (head shaking)
Old 06-09-2024, 09:18 AM

Received 112 Likes on 82 Posts
G550
I looked into this out of curiosity and I see the same thing as you in the Mercedes Me app under Windows, “remote control deactivated”. I then went into my MB store account and it shows that I have all the available remote options activated. I’m guessing this is due to a hardware or software limitation. MB makes great cars but their software leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately…
Old 06-09-2024, 03:24 PM
haa

Received 194 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by tonygwagon
I looked into this out of curiosity and I see the same thing as you in the Mercedes Me app under Windows, “remote control deactivated”. I then went into my MB store account and it shows that I have all the available remote options activated. I’m guessing this is due to a hardware or software limitation. MB makes great cars but their software leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately…
It was there about 1 year ago but was removed probably because someone sued in the US. Probably because they closed the windows while they forgot that their kids and pets were in the car or some other stupid reason like that.