G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Burmester lack of bass?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla Model S; Wrangler 392
Burmester lack of bass?

What’s up with the lack of bass on the Burmester sound system? Is there a sub in this vehicle? My Tesla sounds much better. Any settings I should adjust? I have surround On and bass turned up to 10. And don’t get me wrong, I am not a bass head and don’t listen to a lot of bass heavy music. I’m a classic rock and Tom Petty kind of guy. But the bass in this system is pretty weak IMO.
Old 06-23-2024, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 550 Likes on 365 Posts
2023 G63
There's a sub on the rear driver side of cargo area--you can see the grill there.

I've not been impressed with the Burmester system in the G63, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to in the 2025 as it's supposedly improved with an extra speaker in the ceiling.

I try not to turn the bass too high because on a previous vehicle (21 or 22 I forget), it caused my front lower speakers to permanently rattle.
The following users liked this post:
powershot24 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 12:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla Model S; Wrangler 392
Originally Posted by Hodog16
There's a sub on the rear driver side of cargo area--you can see the grill there.

I've not been impressed with the Burmester system in the G63, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to in the 2025 as it's supposedly improved with an extra speaker in the ceiling.

I try not to turn the bass too high because on a previous vehicle (21 or 22 I forget), it caused my front lower speakers to permanently rattle.
Oh yes, I did see that grill in the cargo area. For the price, this vehicle should have a stellar audio system.
powershot24 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 03:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG G63 (2024), Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (2020), Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Rubicon (2018-manual transmission)
I had a similar issue when I first got my G63. I tried playing around with the settings in the Burmester, and just couldn't seem to get the equalizer settings to my preference. A couple of days later, I decided to try switching up the settings on my iPhone since I get my music in my truck via Bluetooth by way of my iPhone. Boy, what a HUGE difference it made!!! Now my G63 sound system is perfect for me. For whatever tech reason beyond my knowledge, the Burmester system seems to be controlled more by the external iPhone (or Android device, I would assume) settings than those in the system itself.

Give it a try. It was night and day for me. Good luck!
Old 06-23-2024, 03:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
G550 W463A
Originally Posted by AmyC
I had a similar issue when I first got my G63. I tried playing around with the settings in the Burmester, and just couldn't seem to get the equalizer settings to my preference. A couple of days later, I decided to try switching up the settings on my iPhone since I get my music in my truck via Bluetooth by way of my iPhone. Boy, what a HUGE difference it made!!! Now my G63 sound system is perfect for me. For whatever tech reason beyond my knowledge, the Burmester system seems to be controlled more by the external iPhone (or Android device, I would assume) settings than those in the system itself.

Give it a try. It was night and day for me. Good luck!
Hello,
What settings did you change on your iPhone to improve the sound quality?
Old 06-23-2024, 04:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG G63 (2024), Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (2020), Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Rubicon (2018-manual transmission)
Originally Posted by R1200gs
Hello,
What settings did you change on your iPhone to improve the sound quality?
It really depends on the type of music track I'm listening to, but I generally have it set at "Increase Bass".

You can access it on your iPhone by going to "Settings" > then "Music" > then "EQ", which will then provide you will a pretty wide range of music type selections. The "EQ" tab is buried somewhat in the middle of the "Music" tab and a lot of my friends don't even know this feature exists. Just scroll down on the "Music" menu slowly and you'll locate it.

The settings on the iPhone seem to override those of the Bermester. Good luck.
powershot24 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 10:00 PM

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Hodog16
Agreed, I also avoid turning up the bass too much due to the door rattle. I think MB missed the mark on the sound system / speaker insulation. Probably my #1 gripe with the G. The Harman Kardon sound system in my wife’s BMW is 100 times better.