G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

A bunch of unspoken-for 2025 G550s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 04:57 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
G 63
I bet the new 550s moving not as quickly is more to do with the current economy and uncertainty with it slowing as we still have very restrictive rate policy (at least here in the US), and less about the V8...

If it were G63 I'd definitely say a different story with a 6 cylinder, but I wager most G buyers are see and be seen types at least speaking to here in CA with the 550 as the least expensive ticket to entry, I bet most couldn't tell you how many cylinders were in their G wagon. They just want to be seen high up on the roads in their new unplated Gwagon with the designer duds. And I say this having owned 2 G63, but us geeking out in the forums over our Gwagons are not that type, and likely in the minority!

TLDR - when rates drop and if the economy picks up, I bet more will move again, even with V6
Old Today, 06:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Porsche Taycan Turbo / MB GLS 450
I'm not in CA, but even here I know some buy G-wagons just for the name - with indifference to the # of cylinders. Still, interesting to see G550's sitting and dealerships already agreeing to MSRP on the G580 (before they are even built).