G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

Moonlight Metallic White vs. Diamond White Metallic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2021 | 11:29 AM

G63, G65
Moonlight Metallic White vs. Diamond White Metallic

Does anyone know what the difference is between Moonlight Metallic White and Diamond White Metallic colors? The only options on the online configurator are Polar White or Diamond White Metallic. Our build sheet on the one on order shows Moonlight White Metallic as the color. I remember when I was building the truck several months ago that the Diamond White metallic wasn't an option, only Moonlight Metallic. My wife wanted Diamond White metallic, but I assumed Moonlight must have replaced it for 2021 builds, so that is what I seleceted. Anyone have clarity on that?

It's a 2021 G63. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2021 | 11:51 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Moonlight Metallic White sound so much cooler I'd go with that one.
The following users liked this post:
The Butcher (09-13-2021)
Old 09-12-2021 | 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Reminds me that several years ago, I went to renew my car's registration, and the clerk asked me if the car's color was still gray. I said "Excuse me! It's Starlight Platinum Metallic!" There wasn't room on the form to enter this, so I continued to drive a gray car.
Old 09-13-2021 | 03:10 AM

model 3
Originally Posted by The Butcher
Does anyone know what the difference is between Moonlight Metallic White and Diamond White Metallic colors? The only options on the online configurator are Polar White or Diamond White Metallic. Our build sheet on the one on order shows Moonlight White Metallic as the color. I remember when I was building the truck several months ago that the Diamond White metallic wasn't an option, only Moonlight Metallic. My wife wanted Diamond White metallic, but I assumed Moonlight must have replaced it for 2021 builds, so that is what I seleceted. Anyone have clarity on that?

It's a 2021 G63. Thanks.
Moonlight metallic was supposed to be for '22, but since 22s are suspended, there should be only diamond white for now.
Old 09-13-2021 | 08:17 AM

G63, G65
Originally Posted by streborx
Reminds me that several years ago, I went to renew my car's registration, and the clerk asked me if the car's color was still gray. I said "Excuse me! It's Starlight Platinum Metallic!" There wasn't room on the form to enter this, so I continued to drive a gray car.
I'm sure the clerk gave you at least one eye roll for your outburst!

Originally Posted by eugenes
Moonlight metallic was supposed to be for '22, but since 22s are suspended, there should be only diamond white for now.
That makes sense. Thanks for the info. That's actually good to hear since my wife liked the Diamond White after seeing it in person.