G Class (W465/W463A) W463 Produced 2019-2024: G550, G63 AMG W465 Produced 2025-

G class Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2022 | 07:49 PM

G wagon (W463a) and Carrera S (992)
G class Exhaust

I saw many threads/posts briefly discuss exhaust systems. Since my G500 (ordered from Germany) is arriving in less than a month, I started looking for exhausts to replace the stock exhaust. My car doesn't even have the sport exhaust feature, not to mention it has the OPF filter. I've seen people/vendors recommending Akrapovic and Fi exhausts. Many people praise them for being extremely loud and aggressive. What if I don't want something extremely loud and aggressive. I want something louder than stock, but also "gentle" (if this is the right word). I like a deep rumble. Like an old 8 cylinder truck

What about the following manufacturers? Can you recommend any of them?

VALVETRONIC
Armytrix
IPE
Quick Silver with Sound Architect
The following users liked this post:
AR_motorwerkz (06-06-2022)
Old 06-06-2022 | 08:02 PM
SPONSOR

MERCEDES AMG GT, MERCEDES CLS63 AMG, MERCEDES G63 AMG, MERCEDES CL63 AMG
Originally Posted by dakmary
I saw many threads/posts briefly discuss exhaust systems. Since my G500 (ordered from Germany) is arriving in less than a month, I started looking for exhausts to replace the stock exhaust. My car doesn't even have the sport exhaust feature, not to mention it has the OPF filter. I've seen people/vendors recommending Akrapovic and Fi exhausts. Many people praise them for being extremely loud and aggressive. What if I don't want something extremely loud and aggressive. I want something louder than stock, but also "gentle" (if this is the right word). I like a deep rumble. Like an old 8 cylinder truck

VALVETRONIC
Armytrix
IPE
Hey man! Looking forward to the delivery of your G! We have the entire line of Fabspeed with valvetronic tech. We also carry the entire line of Akrapovic, FI Exhaust and Eisenmanns
Here is a sample:
Old 06-06-2022 | 08:15 PM

G63
If you don't want something extremely loud or aggressive, why not just stick with stock and just remove the 2nd cats? you'll get the stock sound but just slightly louder
Old 06-07-2022 | 04:25 AM

model 3

VALVETRONIC
Armytrix
IPE
Brabus is the best if that is what you want.
exhaust by loudness is
​​IPE > Akrapovic > Brabus.
Old 06-07-2022 | 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
I Many people praise them for being extremely loud and aggressive.
Many neighbors curse them for being annoying.
Old 06-07-2022 | 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by g63bob
If you don't want something extremely loud or aggressive, why not just stick with stock and just remove the 2nd cats? you'll get the stock sound but just slightly louder
I thought about it, but the only problem is i will be stuck in that mode.
Old 06-07-2022 | 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by AR_motorwerkz
Hey man! Looking forward to the delivery of your G! We have the entire line of Fabspeed with valvetronic tech. We also carry the entire line of Akrapovic, FI Exhaust and Eisenmanns
Here is a sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfl51xBZbI
Thanks. From your experience what are the characteristics of each one?
Old 06-07-2022 | 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by eugenes
Brabus is the best if that is what you want.
exhaust by loudness is
​​IPE > Akrapovic > Brabus.
Interesting! That's very helpful. Do you know an online dealer who can source them? I also want to know if they also have the same open/close valve system.
Old 06-08-2022 | 08:47 AM

2020 G550

VALVETRONIC
Armytrix
IPE
The most subtle/easiest option to consider is putting on the G63 OEM mufflers and since you do not have the valves from the sport muffler, you'd just set them to open and they would stay open all the time.
Old 06-10-2022 | 04:20 PM

I just remembered Cargraphic. They are popular in the Porsche world and even Mercedes C class. They now have an exhaust system for the G class. Chek the below. It sounds reasonable https://youtu.be/mV6J0bIzDtw​​​​​​​​...be/mV6J0bIzDtw
Old 06-10-2022 | 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'25 EQG deposit, '23 MC20 Cielo, '20 Fat Boy
Originally Posted by WillinMA
The most subtle/easiest option to consider is putting on the G63 OEM mufflers and since you do not have the valves from the sport muffler, you'd just set them to open and they would stay open all the time.
Agree - I did this to my G550 and loved the sound. I am not sure how I will survive with the EQG due to no noise at all but at least it will be my wife driving it most of the time!
Old 06-11-2022 | 07:22 AM

2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Agree - I did this to my G550 and loved the sound. I am not sure how I will survive with the EQG due to no noise at all but at least it will be my wife driving it most of the time!
You are forgetting FABSPEED
Great sound, construction and overall look.
Old 06-11-2022 | 11:02 AM

2020 G550
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
You are forgetting FABSPEED
Great sound, construction and overall look.
isnt that the “valvtronic” option that he posted up top the fabspeed?
Old 06-12-2022 | 06:55 PM

isnt that the “valvtronic” option that he posted up top the fabspeed?
I was referring to this one

https://valvetronic.com/products/mer...valved-exhaust

Clearly it's not very popular
Old 06-12-2022 | 07:23 PM

I'm still searching.. for no reason, I'm leaning toward CARGRAPHIC

CARGRAPHIC (price around $5000)
Pros
- Reputable manufacturer with good sounding exhausts (at least in the Porsche world)
- Specific exhausts. They have exhausts that are specific for cars WITH factory sport exhaust system, and they have exhausts that are specific for cars WITHOUT factory sport exhaust system. The same thing applies to their valve control unit.

Con
- Couldn't find a single review on it for the G class. So anything could go wrong.

https://www.cargraphic.de/en/your-ve...00-w463a-2018/
Old 06-13-2022 | 09:40 AM

G63 AMG CABRIO
I have almost new original Brabus exhaust for sale, located in Deerfield Beach
Old 06-13-2022 | 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by arm00
I have almost new original Brabus exhaust for sale, located in Deerfield Beach
dm sent
Old 06-13-2022 | 07:18 PM

I found this exhaust by Wheelsandmore. Their exhausts are "powered by Capristo" (whatever that means)
https://tuning-wheels-exhaust.com/ex...st-w463a-2018/

Last edited by dakmary; 07-05-2022 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2022 | 03:23 PM

G63
I have renntech downpipes and tune on my MY21 G63. When I added a fabspeed exhaust, the truck seemed much more laggy. I ended up going back to stock exhaust a few days later.
Old 06-15-2022 | 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by JW001
I have renntech downpipes and tune on my MY21 G63. When I added a fabspeed exhaust, the truck seemed much more laggy. I ended up going back to stock exhaust a few days later.
Interesting! many people tune and use 3rd party exhaust. Is your car better now?
Old 06-16-2022 | 12:56 PM

G63
Interesting! many people tune and use 3rd party exhaust. Is your car better now?

Yup, feel 1000% better. Lag is completely gone. With the more free flowing exhaust, the sound was deeper and louder. Low end power was still present but 3rd gear and up became completely laggy. With stock exhaust, Renntech DPs and tune, truck pulls hard in all gears. With the addition of the Fabspeed exhaust, 3rd gear on is flat when I hammer down the accelerator. Truck felt like it was struggling so accelerator wasn't at all responsive. I also tried resetting the drive cycle to just make sure it wasn't that but after 2 days of lagginess, I just went back to stock and everything is good again. On the plus side, it only took about 15-20 mins to swap back.
Old 07-05-2022 | 09:47 PM

OK, I'm still looking for the "right" exhaust. It turns out the Wheelsandmore exhaust I mentioned above is actually a Capristo, and Wheelsandmore are resellers.

Anyone familiar with Capristo exhausts on G wagon? They are known for their quality, technology and craftsmanship, and usually priced similar to Akrapovic.Very popular in the super sport segment (Ferrari, Lamborghini.. etc), but couldnt find a single video/review for the g wagon.

What cought my attention is their technology. At least they are doing something different here
"Most damper controlled exhaust systems open the valves either rpm or speed dependent. However, since the engine power does not depend on speed or rpm, but on the back pressure. We achieve the maximum performance with our control unit in combination with perfectly constructed pipe diameters and ducts for all our exhaust systems, which are measured on a state-of-the-art dyno test. Another major advantage of the controller is that it recognizes the driving style of the driver and opens the flaps even earlier at aggressive full throttle."

What do you guys think?

Last edited by dakmary; 07-05-2022 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2022 | 09:07 AM

G63, G65
I've not heard the Capristo in person, so I can't comment on that. However, I've done several Fi Exhausts on different vehicles, and they are great. With valves closed, the Fi Exhaust is not loud. It has a slightly deeper tone than the factory G63 exhaust, but it is not noisy at all in the cabin. There is zero drone at highway speeds. With the valves open it has a nice increase in volume, but once again it isn't overly loud. Since you won't have the factory valve controllers, you can use a key fob activation, or an app on your phone. They are either open or closed, but honestly the sound difference with active valving will be pretty minor. Capristo makes good stuff, as does Akrapovic, and Brabus, but for the money I don't think you would be unhappy with the Fi Exhaust.
Old 07-06-2022 | 09:52 AM

2020 G550
OK, I'm still looking for the "right" exhaust. It turns out the Wheelsandmore exhaust I mentioned above is actually a Capristo, and Wheelsandmore are resellers.

Anyone familiar with Capristo exhausts on G wagon? They are known for their quality, technology and craftsmanship, and usually priced similar to Akrapovic.Very popular in the super sport segment (Ferrari, Lamborghini.. etc), but couldnt find a single video/review for the g wagon.

What cought my attention is their technology. At least they are doing something different here
"Most damper controlled exhaust systems open the valves either rpm or speed dependent. However, since the engine power does not depend on speed or rpm, but on the back pressure. We achieve the maximum performance with our control unit in combination with perfectly constructed pipe diameters and ducts for all our exhaust systems, which are measured on a state-of-the-art dyno test. Another major advantage of the controller is that it recognizes the driving style of the driver and opens the flaps even earlier at aggressive full throttle."

What do you guys think?
I have a Capristo exhaust on my R8 and in that world, its one of the best sounding exhaust systems out there. I assume it uses the same CES-3 controller to manage the flaps and it is pretty cool to set when the exhaust opens based on back pressure...so if you slowly accelerate the flaps will stay closed (regardless of rpm)...if you stomp on it, it opens up. Thats a better setup than just rpms or preset by the car itself. I miss having that on my G wagon!! I guess the only downside (maybe less for you because you don't have pre-wired electronic flap controller so in all your options with controlling the open/close of the exhaust flaps, you will need to bring a vacuum line from your engine to the mufflers....
Old 07-06-2022 | 10:01 AM

I have a Capristo exhaust on my R8 and in that world, its one of the best sounding exhaust systems out there. I assume it uses the same CES-3 controller to manage the flaps and it is pretty cool to set when the exhaust opens based on back pressure...so if you slowly accelerate the flaps will stay closed (regardless of rpm)...if you stomp on it, it opens up. Thats a better setup than just rpms or preset by the car itself. I miss having that on my G wagon!! I guess the only downside (maybe less for you because you don't have pre-wired electronic flap controller so in all your options with controlling the open/close of the exhaust flaps, you will need to bring a vacuum line from your engine to the mufflers....
thanks, very helpful. Actually, I was wrong. I do have the sports exhaust on my G550. Since I didn't find the exhaust button, I assumed I don't have it (it turned out the button only comes on the G63).. Now since i have the OEM sports exhaust would this make things better if I go with Capristo or another brand?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G class Exhaust