G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 G55 vs 05 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you figured out we weren't talking about jeep products. And it is true that the H1 and G are kings of durability. If for no other reason than the live solid axles, that would be enough. And Porsches are finicky. Especially with a bunch of sand in their air intake. I am excited to see what the final production RRS can really do, as I think it is a better, classier X series. I will have to make the final decision for myself in person though, but I think it will shake up the luxury SUV market a bit.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
G-wagen very, very capable offroad...espacially with good offroad tyres...I dont see how LandCruiser or Patrols can keep UP with G-class in Dirt and snow...Dont know about Sand but should be the same....

Right now I have 4.7 Land Cruiser VX, its better the Range Rover offroad but no competition to G-wagen...Front too heavy...

All Ameriacan 4x4 except H1 are not Good for real offroad...

G-class is only ONE stock 4x4 with manual has front, middle and rear differenttial LOCKs...this 2nd most important thing after the DRIVER....

All these electronics ESP, tractions controls etc like RR (had RR as well) has are CRAP...

I say H1 is best offroad in open space, then Defender and G-Wagen, then Japanese offroaders like Cruisers and Patrols and then Cayanne and Touregs, and then ML and X5 and Audi Allroad...

I was surprised how good Allroad was offroad (good driver), better then X5, as good a previous generation of ML...

Hey Silversurfer!!!

5.8 Brabus 400HP + Kleemann Kompessor = approx 560HP...Thats one fast piece of Brick you have, be carefull in the corners ...

Gemaballa staff is very expensive, Sportec probably much cheaper??? like 40k for the engine ??? since thier 600HP kit for RS6 costs 30k...but I dont like their styling...

Which AUdi do you have red RS6 or RS4 or S4???

I've raced MTM 602 HP RS4 very very faaast and I have video...Crazy...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 06-06-2005 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
G Wagon > Cayenne. Especially on a Mercedes forum