Sponsored by:

Dealer-required computer tricks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 G55, '06 Gallardo Spyder, '03 Murcielago, '12 GT-R, '07 Chevy
Dealer-required computer tricks?

Well my G55 that was supposed to have come in today didn't show up; this is the second time it hasn't shown up so I let the dealer know my dissatisfaction not with it not showing up but twice being told it would be arriving and it not. They said they'd tint the front windows for free if I'd like, whatever.

So anyway, while I anxiously await the vehicle, I was thinking, are there things you can have the dealer do in the computer that are commonly requested or desirable? For example, on a Boxster I had a few year ago you could have the dealer set the computer to automatically lock the doors when the speed first exceeded 15 mph and I also had them set it so that when you go into reverse, the passenger rear view drops down to view the curb automatically. Are there similar things that require their help to do with the G that I should look at?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by iampd2005
... are there things you can have the dealer do in the computer that are commonly requested or desirable? For example, on a Boxster I had a few year ago you could have the dealer set the computer to automatically lock the doors when the speed first exceeded 15 mph and I also had them set it so that when you go into reverse, the passenger rear view drops down to view the curb automatically. Are there similar things that require their help to do with the G that I should look at?
These things are possible on the ML55, S55, SL55, so I guess they must be possible on the G55. You can program these features yourself, either through the display in the tacho, or via the appropriate buttons on the console or door. It's all in the manual. But the dealer might help you with it, although there might be things in the manual that he even doesn't know.

Good luck on the wait.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
PCH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
Well my G55 that was supposed to have come in today didn't show up; this is the second time it hasn't shown up so I let the dealer know my dissatisfaction not with it not showing up but twice being told it would be arriving and it not. They said they'd tint the front windows for free if I'd like, whatever.

So anyway, while I anxiously await the vehicle, I was thinking, are there things you can have the dealer do in the computer that are commonly requested or desirable? For example, on a Boxster I had a few year ago you could have the dealer set the computer to automatically lock the doors when the speed first exceeded 15 mph and I also had them set it so that when you go into reverse, the passenger rear view drops down to view the curb automatically. Are there similar things that require their help to do with the G that I should look at?
Sounds like they may be trying to purchase your G from another dealer. Why not contact another dealer that actually has the color you want in stock and make your deal with them. Unfortunately there's no loyality in the car biz.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 G55, '06 Gallardo Spyder, '03 Murcielago, '12 GT-R, '07 Chevy
It really is the trucking company, I've had the VIN for a week or two. I didn't believe them either so I said I want the VIN and to know where it's coming from and to get the trucking company on the phone while I sat there. It's coming from a dealer in Massachusetts and had 9 miles when it left, so it better have 9 when it gets here.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
PCH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
It really is the trucking company, I've had the VIN for a week or two. I didn't believe them either so I said I want the VIN and to know where it's coming from and to get the trucking company on the phone while I sat there. It's coming from a dealer in Massachusetts and had 9 miles when it left, so it better have 9 when it gets here.
OK. Makes a bit more sense now as to why there was delays on delivery. Regardless of that ordeal hopefully you were able to negotiate a good deal on the purchase.