Sponsored by:

Noise!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55, CLS500, S600, SL500
Noise!!!!

Do anyone of you guys get a lot of body noise in your Gs? One big complaint that I have is the amount of body noise. I spoke with manufacture rep and he let me know that because of it off road prowess, the Gs body needs to torque a bit and that is where I am getting the noise from. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-14-2007, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by puddha
Do anyone of you guys get a lot of body noise in your Gs? One big complaint that I have is the amount of body noise. I spoke with manufacture rep and he let me know that because of it off road prowess, the Gs body needs to torque a bit and that is where I am getting the noise from. Anyone else have this problem?

............I am always amazed at the creativity of folks who simply want to say anything they can to make yu go away. All I can say is there was some noise from the rear door hinges. This was fixed by the dealer. I doubt that the dealer wuld have fixed it if the noise was some sort of ingenius off road design technique.

Ted
Old 02-14-2007, 01:42 PM

'05 G55, '06 Gallardo Spyder, '03 Murcielago, '12 GT-R, '07 Chevy
Do you mean noise like creaking and other pops and clicks or just road noise?

The G-Wagen is pretty noisy as far as road noise goes, for a Mercedes, but I don't have too much noise that actually comes from the vehicle itself, other than when my back window motors blow out; I'm getting used to that noise.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:47 PM

G55, CLS500, S600, SL500
Yes, creaking and cracking.... when the radio is off, it drives me batty... I have to look at the benz star on my steering wheel to re-assure myself that I drive a benz
Old 02-14-2007, 02:09 PM

'05 G55, '06 Gallardo Spyder, '03 Murcielago, '12 GT-R, '07 Chevy
It's definitely not normal but it's also not something I'm completely surprised over. I don't think the build consistency of the g-wagen is on par with other Mercedes cars, so most are just fine but some aren't; you may just need to be persistent and make the dealer fix it. I've had to take mine in for new power window motor regulators twice in just the first few months so the last time I said it was getting annoying and I wanted the front door regulators replaced too which they did. Start writing letters to MB or the dealer head honcho's, might get someone's attention at the dealer or MB, they don't like negative feedback even though it's deserved in some cases.