Sponsored by:

Considering purchasing 09 G55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
Considering purchasing 09 G55

Relitivly new to the forum and would like to get some feed back on the 09 G55 ride as I've heard this vechile is very stiff and ruff ride. I've owned AMG's in the past (03 SL55 and 06 SL65) and liked both of them.

This is strickly weekend toy and three day get-a-way purchase. Will never see off road conditions, so I'd be interested in hearing from the group about the comfort qualities. I've driving both the 08 and 09, and the only noticible ride differance is the perferatned seats.

How's would you rate the compfort for a 4-8 hour road trip? On a scale of 1 to 10? While my test drive was relitvly short with some fyw and back roads, I was supprised that the seating wasn't more comfortable, but maybe it's just the feel of a new car and getting use to the seating positioins.

I also noticed some minor skweeking with both 08 and 09 G55, both were brand new with less than 50 miles on them. How do these hold up in the long run? Fit and finish? Are rattles common with these?

Thanks again.
Todd
Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
have never been in one for a long period of time but they do ride pretty nice...have you thought about/considered a Range Rover Supercharged, quite frankly I love the ride, but the quality is whats of concern to me
Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G 63 AMG
If you are only going to use it on the road, then get a GL550. My daily driver is a G55 and the suspension is stiffer than my Aston. If comfort is very important to you, then why get a military vehicle converted for on-road use?

For me the charm of the vehicle is that I can/do take it off road and I don't have to worry about it falling apart. It also is narrow and short so it's easy for me to parallel park and the height and visibility make it easy to drive in traffic. It also has incredible road presence and crazy drivers think twice before trying to cut me off. Finally, it's rock solid...probably one of the most solidly built vehicles on the road...a very safe place to be if you're involved in an accident.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:45 AM

2008 MB CLK Black Series
blazinginder, thanks for the feedback.

jimmyg, all really good points and was the type of feedback I was looking for. Even though I will not be going off road, I love the look, feel and finish of the 09G55, love the growl it makes when accelerating, just not sure above the comfort factor.

Something else that is important to me, is to drive something that is not as common as most vehicles.

Very nice Aston Martin, I've always like the way your car sits, even when parked, it looks as if it's screaming down the road.

Thanks again for all your feedback.
Todd
Old 01-31-2009, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G 63 AMG
The 2009 G55 is an incredible vehicle, and immensely powerful. It has great presence on and off road. I don't think you'll regret buying one. The ride may be a little less comfortable than a GL or Range Rover, but on long drives on the highway it's fine. Just watch out for rear leg room which is limited.