G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty expired 2 days ago!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55 - R500
warranty expired 2 days ago!

I got so lucky, 2 days ago my factory warranty expired.
My local MB shop; Fletcher Jones took care of some heavy duty last minute fixes, surprisingly covered by warranty!

When first dealing with warranty service for my secondhand G55, I had gotten upset with my certified MB service manager / techs several times. Upset, because I felt it took too long for them to pinpoint and remedy "minor" issues under warranty. However minor was only my understanding of G technology...

Looking back at my service record ,every single time they adressed my issues, giving their best efforts to make things right!

I just received new trailing arm bushings to remedy highways shimmy, been haunted by it for the last 10k miles... NOW my truck drives like a sports car again!

But almost more importantly, re-adressing the original thread topic, I also found the perfect extended warranty for my G; which is going to cover me for another 60k/5years. Anyone needing advice on that subject - please feel free to PM me ( i am not a warranty reseller!!!! just would love help another G lover with the need of an extended warranty - without getting the program getting shut down like e55 warranty). I was quoted as much as US$12k from extended warranty providers, and ended up purchasing +5years/60k miles for less than $6k....underwritten by one of the largest car manufacturers of the world...

I am looking forward enjoying my G55 for at least another 50k!!!

I have a feeling that I won't have issues whatsoever in the future in terms of warranty claims, considering that the G is being built like a tank and MB warranty haven taking care of most little gremlins. I truly hope that in my case , Nissan is going to make a 100% profit on underwriting my extended warranty!

Last edited by 07g55; 03-07-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Originally Posted by 07g55
I got so lucky, 2 days ago my factory warranty expired.
My local MB shop; Fletcher Jones took care of some heavy duty last minute fixes, surprisingly covered by warranty!

When first dealing with warranty service for my secondhand G55, I had gotten upset with my certified MB service manager / techs several times. Upset, because I felt it took too long for them to pinpoint and remedy "minor" issues under warranty. However minor was only my understanding of G technology...

Looking back at my service record ,every single time they adressed my issues, giving their best efforts to make things right!

I just received new trailing arm bushings to remedy highways shimmy, been haunted by it for the last 10k miles... NOW my truck drives like a sports car again!

But almost more importantly, re-adressing the original thread topic, I also found the perfect extended warranty for my G; which is going to cover me for another 60k/5years. Anyone needing advice on that subject - please feel free to PM me ( i am not a warranty reseller!!!! just would love help another G lover with the need of an extended warranty - without getting the program getting shut down like e55 warranty). I was quoted as much as US$12k from extended warranty providers, and ended up purchasing +5years/60k miles for less than $6k....underwritten by one of the largest car manufacturers of the world...

I am looking forward enjoying my G55 for at least another 50k!!!

I have a feeling that I won't have issues whatsoever in the future in terms of warranty claims, considering that the G is being built like a tank and MB warranty haven taking care of most little gremlins. I truly hope that in my case , Nissan is going to make a 100% profit on underwriting my extended warranty!
So you got at Nissan Warrant? Im looking for a G what do you recommend for a warranty?