G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 G55 AMG exaust smoke and water driping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes:G55 AMG 2010, Lamborghini LP550-2 Balboni edition, 2011 Chevrolet Silverado,2015 Bentley GT
2010 G55 AMG exaust smoke and water driping

I have a 2010 G55 AMG with about 34100kms milage so service B is coming up and i noticed for a while that when im about to park driving at very low speeds the car suddenly gets a boost of acceleration for a second like a cough, feels like some petrol suddenly injected in the pistons so you can see the rpm jump a little then it stops(once it coughed and the engine got switched off) but mostly it coughs and that's it. Today morning while i started it i usually keep it on for 3-5 minutes to warm up the engine i noticed that both exhausts on both sides have been dripping with water and there's some kind of white smoke coming out of the exhausts which would be normal if the weather is cold but its not so i am worried i started it up again it started dripping some more and the smoke was a little less and i took it for a spin the driving was completely normal. i am going to take it to the garage after new years but do you guys know if its safe to drive it for now? and do you have any idea what and why this is caused? i asked a friend he told me he thinks its a leak in the engine gasket or a problem with the catalytic converters but i duno......any reply would be very much appreciated
thanks very much in advance
Old 01-01-2012, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G 63 AMG
There's no need to "warm up" modern engines that way...especially in Bahrain. A GCC winter is hotter than the summer in many countries. I would avoid driving the car and immediately take it for service.