G500 to G55 interior...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55
Exclamation G500 to G55 interior...?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums and I hope I can enjoy my stay in here, I have a 2001 G500 converted to a 2011 G55 fully in the exterior part however, I'm having issues with knowing whether I can just do something about the interior and especially the dashboard, gauges and so on. The upholstery including the seats are converted to the new G55 too but any idea about whether the new dashboard would fit and work properly? or can I just modify my dashboard into becoming like the real one by mimicking it or something..? Plus the window buttons how can I get them to be moved into near the windows like the new edition G55's?

I'm from Dubai by the way and the prices of such parts are just too much, found a garage that would just do me the tachometer gauges for around $1500.

Hope to get some help and I'd appreciate it ,
thanks.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:55 AM

Merc Lover
hi there

well you can change the seats as i saw some old G's out here with the new 55 big seats they are sold in sharjah also the gauges is easy those days and can be changed to the new one without loosing your old numbers but im not sure with the audio control, you can also still buy the new steering wheel etc but main dashboard you need to ask more.

check kojak in sharjah for original parts and fix them outside, i do have a question for you, did you put the new g55 rims 19'? if yes are they original or replica and from where please? any shake in the car?

i did put used rims ( supposedly original ) but im facing some shake at 100 to 120 !!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:07 AM

G55
Originally Posted by Faris
hi there

well you can change the seats as i saw some old G's out here with the new 55 big seats they are sold in sharjah also the gauges is easy those days and can be changed to the new one without loosing your old numbers but im not sure with the audio control, you can also still buy the new steering wheel etc but main dashboard you need to ask more.

check kojak in sharjah for original parts and fix them outside, i do have a question for you, did you put the new g55 rims 19'? if yes are they original or replica and from where please? any shake in the car?

i did put used rims ( supposedly original ) but im facing some shake at 100 to 120 !!
Where can I change the gauges for a good price? the price the garage I asked for is asking way too much for the gauges! the steering wheel is part of the job too but I want the audio control .

Kojak? I'll have a look at them and yes I'm running the 19" amg rims, yes they're original and I bought the car with these rims fitted around a week before I bought it and thank god no shaking or anything. If they're shaking it's either they're not original or you need alignment however I lost cruise control after the new rims, need to re-calibrate it or something.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 PM

G55
Ok, I've done more research today and I've came up to a few conclusions and I hope people can help me with knowing whether it's gonna work or not.

My dashboard is the one before the 2002 one, the current dashboard (g55 ones) are nearly the same, my question is, if I get a 2002-20** dashboard, will it fit perfectly (that includes wiring, mounting, etc.) and leave the headunit, cluster, etc. out of this, will it fit?

The g55 amg cluster seems to be the same as the c55 amg cluster, where can I find this cluster online? links would be appreciated

lastly, since the buttons of the windows are moved to the doors I'd have to change the whole door assembly, I think this one is easy, could it be done on the assembly I have now or should I purchase new 2002+ door assemblies?

And if there's no chance to do any of them what can I do to make this work? I really need the interior to be uplifted/converted.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:46 PM

G55
Anyone..?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Originally Posted by Yamajee
Anyone..?
I have a 2003 G500 and I am thinking of updating my gauges on the dash board and the command center (including installing a rear camera). Has anyone done this and did you have any issues and did everything go as planned?