G63 order questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Audi RS4
G63 order questions

Hi guys,

New to the forum. I am looking to put in an order for a G63 and have a few questions. Dealers sometimes don't know the answers and they are not always willing to put in the effort to find them.

So here they go:

1. Can I do a custom exterior color (ie Performance Studio)?
Want to order Matte grey but Platinum is a bit lighter than I would like. The SLS Steel Grey is perfect.

2. European delivery available?

3. Anyone know of possible changes/additions for 2014?
I realize this is a bit away but dealer is saying if I place an order now I probably won't see it until summer 2013. So I am figuring waiting a little longer wont be so bad if I can benefit from some 2014 updates (even if minor).

4. Anyone getting anything off MSRP?

5. Any chance of seeing the G65 in the states?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Anyone with some MB connections or inside info feel free to PM me. Thanks and I look forward to joining the community soon!

Mark
Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
I don't work for MB but I'm an avid fan and try to follow up on the high end cars as much as I can. I'll try to best answer your questions from an enthusiast's perspective and with the assumption that you're in the US. Please update your profile with your location so members can better assist you.

1. You can try contacting the Performance Studio yourself and see if you get through. Plan on paying $17,000+ if you'd like this done (that was the quote someone got to paint their C63 BS in a custom color).

BTW the first G63 in Seattle is Designo Mystic Blue and it is such a beautiful color. Not trying to sway you away from what your heart's set on, but it may be worthwhile to find pictures of the G in all of the currently available colors if possible. I know what's on the MB website can't accurately show you what the car will look like in the real world but maybe you'll end up liking something else.

2. Sorry can't help you.

3. If there are, expect them to be extremely minor because they just did a big facelift for the 2013 cars.

4. Yes people on the forum have been able to get a few % off MSRP. Don't expect anything greater than 7% right now. Some dealers are going at MSRP or even upmarking, if this is your experience go to another dealer.

5. I don't know if MB will ever bring it over. It's not here for the 2013 model year but who knows about the future. I know they do sell the G65 in Mexico so maybe there's some way to import it that way. But price for the G65 in the markets its available in right now is $300,000+ so be prepared to pay dearly if you really have to have it.

I honestly don't know why the G65 isn't in the US market. We have all the other 65 cars and we are the biggest market for AMG cars. It seems like the perfect fit to at least offer the model, even in limited quantities just so we can experience the car. I'd hate to not see the G65 in the States sometime during its run.

Good luck!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Audi RS4
Thanks for the info.

Any pointers on getting in touch with Performance Studio?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
I'm not sure but here's the website. Perhaps there's some contact info in there.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/customize.php?lang=eng