Sponsored by:

Question on Central Locking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
Question on Central Locking?

My 2010 G55 has a feature where if I unlock the door after having been previously locked; but do not open them; the doors automatically re-lock. The system assumes that perhaps I unlocked the G accidentally. It's actually a great feature.

My question is whether there is a way to program the system to ALWAYS lock the door after some per-defined period of time? I'm constantly forgetting to lock my doors due to carrying things with hands full, or otherwise just being forgetful. It's only a matter of time before this ends up with someone looting my G. I understand why this could perhaps be a bad feature (i.e., you could lock your keys or kids in the car); but that's not going to happen to me!

Anyway, can the car be programmed to auto-lock the doors after a set period of time after the ignition is turned off?

Thanks!

Drew

PS: Perhaps there is a better forum to ask the question?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G55k
My 2003 has this feature you describe when unlocking and not opening the doors locks the doors automatically after a few minutes.

I don't think it can be programmed to do what you are asking however. I think there would be too many calls to Mercedes support or AAA or the locksmith if they allowed this kind of programming.... Of course I'm just guessing and could be completely wrong.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
I've searched around a bit and have not seen anything like this feature as described. Would be nice if you could lock the vehicle from mbrace but alas, that is not possible on the G55 as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G 63 AMG
It's not possible, unless you install a third party solution:
http://smartkeystarter.com