Sponsored by:

2006 G55 Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 G55 Blk/Blk
Cool 2006 G55 Questions

Hello All. First time poster, long time reader. Couple questions.
1) Have a "wind leaking" sound coming from the front of the cabin. Had this once before, took it in under warranty, they fixed it. Tried asking what it was, they ignored me. There was no air coming into the cabin, just the noisiness of wind coming through. Initially thought it was a seal leak, but it wasn't. Anybody have this issue before? Rather than take it in and be charged to fix it, then not explained what exactly it is, I'd love to know what the problem is.

2) Anybody trust an establishment outside of the dealership in Orange County to do minor work on a G55? My brother owned an Audi shop for a long time. Long time technician finally branched out on his own (and my bro helped him with the business side). They did high quality work. Wondering if anybody in the Orange County, Long Beach, LA region has had great experience with AMG technicians outside of the dealerships.

3) WHATS THE DEAL WITH TIRES!!?? Time to replace mine and nobody has Yoks that fit anymore. Looked for the Yok Advans, but nobody has them in stock, and apparently Yok is backorder by 3 - 9 weeks!! Any info about Pirelli vs Yoks on the ride?

Thanks all. Have looked at the car for 12 years. Bought 4 years ago...and have loved it ever since.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
If there was no air coming into the cabin then there was no wind leak.
Keep in mind the the G has the aerodynamics of a refigerator.
Under certain conditions you will have wind noise as the vehicle meets resistance at speed.

I would however be adamant with the shop of what they did to resolve your complaint.
You paid so you should be informed.