Sponsored by:

G63 issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14.5 RR LWB, '14 s63, '14 Ford Raptor Screw, '13 G63
Originally Posted by drew138
Oy vey. I'd just get it fixed from a reputable shop at MBs expense and ask for some compensation (free service visits for the first 24 months of maintenance). Truth is that it is on the roof; hardly visible and probably the most optimal place to have such damage. But it is ridiculous that this slipped through all the checks along the way especially considering that you already had a delay the first go-around on color. Make sure this doesn't impact your carfax either.
Good call on the carfax, didn't even occur to me. Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes G63 AMG, Ferrari California
ESP

Have 606 miles on the 63, had the ESP Defective light come on the second time since purchase - first time was with use of Distronic. I decided to bring the car to service and after a few hours of tinkering and updating the software they said that the chip was defective and they are going to order a replacement chip for the system.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM

2013 G63 AMG
I have the same problems with the ESP on my G63. I have little over 1000mls and my car has been in the dealer 5 times for the ESP light and plus there is a noise coming from the axles when driving over bumps. The dealer says they can't find any problems with the and since they can't replicate it they can't fix it. My g pulls to the right when I drive and I have to hold the steeringwheel a little to the left. When I asked they said that's normal. So I don't know it's my first G so I don't know a lot about how they should drive but I know if it has to do with a drift that is built in shouldn't the steeringwheel be straight when u go straight.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
^ Find another dealer..it's not normal !
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM

Sonderklasse
yikes i hope my first G (entering production soon) will be trouble-free!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 AM

Mercedes G63 AMG, Ferrari California
got my G63 back from the dealership, they replaced the system chip and tested the car for 13 miles. ESP seems to be working fine so far. My car did pull to the right a bit as well but i had snow tires on till today, now there's no pull to either side.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 PM

MB
I've been enjoying my G63 for over a month now and have had the ESP failure occur a few times. No biggie. Last night however my passenger seat became posessed!

Fortunately, no one was in (or seated behind) it as the seat decided to fully recline on its own. Once I stopped I couldn't initially bring the seatback up. I restarted the car and jostled a few of the wire harnesses below the seat. Could then bring seat back to normal but it then would no longer recline. Later that night and again today everything seems to be ok.

Sounds like a short below the seat but am curious if anyone else has had this happen. The G makes me grin every time I drive it, apparently in more ways than I would have realized....
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM

2013 G63, 2015 S500, 2016 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by emayer
I've been enjoying my G63 for over a month now and have had the ESP failure occur a few times. No biggie. Last night however my passenger seat became posessed!
even the gremlins need a place to rest once in a while.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM

G63 AMG
oswiff: Sorry to hear about your issues! That's terrible. I would press them to just repaint the roof and take care of the problem. Let me know how it goes.

My issues:
- left front blinker stopped working randomly and the computer warned me. Restarted car. Problem fixed. Alt-Ctrl-Del apparently works everywhere.
- the Manhattan dealer (factory too) is a shtshow. They over charged me, claiming corporate would send me a check. I asked corporate and they said the dealer should have taken care of it on the spot. Now the salesperson is missing in action. come on. scummy. They may be getting sued shortly. Terrible buying experience.

Responses:
- that break failure sounds freakish. even if he were driving it hard, he should have gotten brake fade first, assuming the fluid would boil. Maybe he didn't have pads in, or the pads were too low. sounds like the caliper made contact with the disc and exploded. scary.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by drdrank
oswiff: Sorry to hear about your issues! That's terrible. I would press them to just repaint the roof and take care of the problem. Let me know how it goes.

My issues:
- left front blinker stopped working randomly and the computer warned me. Restarted car. Problem fixed. Alt-Ctrl-Del apparently works everywhere.
- the Manhattan dealer (factory too) is a shtshow. They over charged me, claiming corporate would send me a check. I asked corporate and they said the dealer should have taken care of it on the spot. Now the salesperson is missing in action. come on. scummy. They may be getting sued shortly. Terrible buying experience.

Responses:
- that break failure sounds freakish. even if he were driving it hard, he should have gotten brake fade first, assuming the fluid would boil. Maybe he didn't have pads in, or the pads were too low. sounds like the caliper made contact with the disc and exploded. scary.
Hope you are enjoying your g63. I decided to trade in both my Mercedes (g63 and e63 wagon). I traded them for a '13 Panamera GTS and the new 911s. So I'm a Porsche family instead of Mercedes.

This whole experience put me over the edge with Mercedes and their customer service. I spoke to the service department at Manhattan Mercedes (factory store) about the magno paint BEFORE i decided on the paint and was told that if anything happened that needed the car to be repainted it would not cost anymore than regular paint and they would get the exact same paint as it comes from the factory. When I went in about this issue, the story changed, the price for repainting would be more and the paint would also be a different paint - although they said it would match in color. That is not what I signed up for.

I was also told from my dealer after they spoke with MB Corporate that corporate would call me to discuss the situation within a few days and see what they could do to make me a happy customer and three weeks later, still nothing.

I loved the g63 for the few months I had it and the latest one i had in magno was amazing to look at. But the issues I have had with MB the last few cars I have owned is ridiculous. A short list:
- '12 c63 coupe - the front grille kept popping out and the star on the grill had bubbling - grille replaced but grille was never tight
- '12 e63 wagon - the trunk didn't close evenly on both sides, a huge gap on one side. this experience is on another of my threads so i'm not going to go into this nightmare
- '13 s63 - the premium leather in the rear seats were not tight, the leather was loose on the seats and looked like someone had sat it in for an extended period of time. car was brand new. dealer confirmed that they had a magno cashmere on their showroom floor that is locked at all times with the exact same issue.
- '13 g63 - ordered car was painted wrong

it was a tough decision to trade my g63 because I ordered it exactly the way i wanted and waited nearly a year for it to arrive but enough was enough for me.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM

G63 AMG
Originally Posted by oswiff
Hope you are enjoying your g63. I decided to trade in both my Mercedes (g63 and e63 wagon). I traded them for a '13 Panamera GTS and the new 911s. So I'm a Porsche family instead of Mercedes.
Oh man....sorry to hear you hit the breaking point.

I think we discussed this: Porsche has always been great to work with and I've been happy with them. The entire process is just enjoyable. The 991 looks like a great every day driver. I'm sticking with my 997s because I like the stick, and now I'm looking to go vintage 911 as well. Enjoy them!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Cost of new along with initial warranty problems are the best reason to consider a used CPO....
What you see is what you get and as much as 50% off original MSRP, factory warranty and knowledge of past service history.
On my second CPO'd "G"...first 2003 G55, now 2005 G55K....worth currently about what I paid for it...
New is great if you have to have the latest but you'll be the one breaking it in for the CPO buyer
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM

G63 AMG
Originally Posted by RBYCC
New is great if you have to have the latest but you'll be the one breaking it in for the CPO buyer
Yeah, but they promised cup holders with the new one!!! (joking)
Old 04-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts
993 TT
Originally Posted by RBYCC
Cost of new along with initial warranty problems are the best reason to consider a used CPO....
What you see is what you get and as much as 50% off original MSRP, factory warranty and knowledge of past service history.
On my second CPO'd "G"...first 2003 G55, now 2005 G55K....worth currently about what I paid for it...

Apparently there will be a good deal to be had on a practically new "two" tone matte finish g63 in the NYC Tri-State area.

oswiff, good luck with the p-cars.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, but they promised cup holders with the new one!!! (joking)
You mean you don't like the "install them when you need them" version in the earlier G's
Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Did not expected that one:
Driver side stainless steel illuminated door sill is rusting.
....pretty badly...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by absent
Did not expected that one:
Driver side stainless steel illuminated door sill is rusting.
....pretty badly...
Stainless doesn't sound so "stainless"....has to be low quality high carbon stainless, but even so still shouldn't begin to rust !!!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 AM

Oh man....sorry to hear you hit the breaking point.

I think we discussed this: Porsche has always been great to work with and I've been happy with them. The entire process is just enjoyable. The 991 looks like a great every day driver. I'm sticking with my 997s because I like the stick, and now I'm looking to go vintage 911 as well. Enjoy them!
Were you able to resolve the money owed to you with MB manhattan? That's ridiculous. I don't understand how this place is still run by the same GM when its a factory store. I can't imagine how many complaints they have but based on the small sampling here it must be plentiful. If you need the GM info I have it from my unpleasant run in with him over my e63 wagon issues.

I'm excited for the Porsches. I'm just waiting for delivery as the dealership is making me wait til I get the title. Only been a month since I took delivery so no title yet. Hopefully within the next week or so

Last edited by oswiff; 04-04-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by drew138
Apparently there will be a good deal to be had on a practically new "two" tone matte finish g63 in the NYC Tri-State area.

oswiff, good luck with the p-cars.
Thanks Drew. Very excited

Won't be two tone but will have a dent on the roof since it never got fixed!!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 AM

2010 G55, 2010 C250, Volvo S40 T5, Pajero, Passat, 1995 SL500
Originally Posted by G63DCC
4k miles on mine, over 6 months and its in the shop as we speak for the second time due to a crackling sound coming from the sunroof when opening/closing.

I too, pray that I don't get riddled with the electrical gremlins that my 1st G, a 2002, gave me. That one racked up the largest warranty file known to my local dealership
Any news on what the sound is and the solution? I got same sound today!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by Amnaggar
Any news on what the sound is and the solution? I got same sound today!!
Still not resolved after 3 attempts. The sound is a grinding of sorts. I'm taking it back in soon for another try.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:14 AM

2010 G55, 2010 C250, Volvo S40 T5, Pajero, Passat, 1995 SL500
Originally Posted by G63DCC
Still not resolved after 3 attempts. The sound is a grinding of sorts. I'm taking it back in soon for another try.
Exactly! Like gears grinding against one another... Now with the awful Dubai summer kicking in, I may pass on finding a solution.. Or maybe wait till you find out what it is and what the bill is hehe (kidding!)... Will let you know what I find if I take it in soon... Pls do update here if you do!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:29 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

This whole experience put me over the edge with Mercedes and their customer service. I spoke to the service department at Manhattan Mercedes (factory store) about the magno paint BEFORE i decided on the paint and was told that if anything happened that needed the car to be repainted it would not cost anymore than regular paint and they would get the exact same paint as it comes from the factory. When I went in about this issue, the story changed, the price for repainting would be more and the paint would also be a different paint - although they said it would match in color. That is not what I signed up for.

I was also told from my dealer after they spoke with MB Corporate that corporate would call me to discuss the situation within a few days and see what they could do to make me a happy customer and three weeks later, still nothing.

I loved the g63 for the few months I had it and the latest one i had in magno was amazing to look at. But the issues I have had with MB the last few cars I have owned is ridiculous. A short list:
- '12 c63 coupe - the front grille kept popping out and the star on the grill had bubbling - grille replaced but grille was never tight
- '12 e63 wagon - the trunk didn't close evenly on both sides, a huge gap on one side. this experience is on another of my threads so i'm not going to go into this nightmare
- '13 s63 - the premium leather in the rear seats were not tight, the leather was loose on the seats and looked like someone had sat it in for an extended period of time. car was brand new. dealer confirmed that they had a magno cashmere on their showroom floor that is locked at all times with the exact same issue.
- '13 g63 - ordered car was painted wrong

it was a tough decision to trade my g63 because I ordered it exactly the way i wanted and waited nearly a year for it to arrive but enough was enough for me.
Sorry about your G63 but you're going to love the Panamera GTS! I have an agate grey 2013. I'm a car nut and it is, without a doubt, one of my all time favorites. It does everything well. What color is yours?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by G55K
Sorry about your G63 but you're going to love the Panamera GTS! I have an agate grey 2013. I'm a car nut and it is, without a doubt, one of my all time favorites. It does everything well. What color is yours?
GT Silver with GT silver interior. love the agate grey, those are hard to come by on a gts. but i really love my gt silver.

gotta say that i don't regret changing to the panamera. i love driving that car, it is an absolute blast. and mpg isn't bad either! couldn't be happier with the car.

i picked up a raptor two weeks ago to fill my truck need. love that so far.

with these two cars plus the new 911, i am set for a while. i really don't know what else is out there that wouldn't replace one of my existing cars.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
GT Silver with GT silver interior. love the agate grey, those are hard to come by on a gts. but i really love my gt silver.

gotta say that i don't regret changing to the panamera. i love driving that car, it is an absolute blast. and mpg isn't bad either! couldn't be happier with the car.

i picked up a raptor two weeks ago to fill my truck need. love that so far.

with these two cars plus the new 911, i am set for a while. i really don't know what else is out there that wouldn't replace one of my existing cars.
The Raptors are awesome. I just traded my red 2012 in for a white 2013 Roush Raptor. Best truck you can buy IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G63 issues