Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing the Shiny Bits - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Replacing the Shiny Bits - Suggestions

I have a black G63 and want to "de-chrome." I've always disliked the bull bar and want to remove it or replace it with something a bit more rugged. I'm also thinking about removing the rear tire carrier or painting the stainless steel to match the body color which is black.

The wheels need to go. I have the silver AMG wheels. I'd like to replace these with something more rugged than stock and I'm leaning towards black or titanium. In addition, I'm going to do something about the side pipes. They look awesome but are an accident waiting to happen. I plan on doing some offroading. The runners made by ICON seem to offer some protection but the truck needs to be shipped to them which I'd prefer not to do. I may also consider the G550 exhaust. ICON makes some nice exterior bits for the G. They're pricey but look to be high quality. Has anyone installed them?

Any suggestions on the above? I'd really appreciate it.

My G is with Kleemann in CO (my home) for a few weeks. I've known Brandon and Cory for years and offered to leave it with them so they can develop some go-fast parts for the G63. My best tuner experience, by far, has been with Kleemann so I really trust these guys. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheels
No ideas here but I can't wait to see what you're going to do!